No announcement yet.

Congrats to LA baseball fans, Bellinger and Trout win MVP Awards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    As an Angels fan, I agree. LA Angels dont even sound right.

In my mind, they will always be the Anaheim Angels. I grew up going to the games when Luis Polonia, Jim Abott, and young Garet Anderson were playing.

When the homies wore blue dodger hats, I wore black Angels hat. It’s the muthafukin Halos!!
    Even Anaheim Angels don't sound right. When I started getting into baseball it was California Angels, then Disney bought them and changed it to Anaheim. I wish they went back to California Angels, but the owner wants the team to be associated with LA for money/marketing purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      Or, Best Offensive Player. Similar to NFL. How valuable can a guy be if his team didn't really need him ?
      Do you watch baseball?

Of course Angels need him. They have to build a team around him. They need to wait out til Pujols leaves in order to go out and get players. They have a good shot at getting Gerrit Cole this offseason.

Trout is known as an all around great player, in every category. He’s the gold standard. Scouts look for “the next Trout”.

Trout is not only the best offensive player, he’s a gold glove caliber player in the outfield despite never winning one. And you don’t run on Trout, he has a cannon. Oh and did I mention that he also steals bases? He has 200 stolen bases. If he wants he can steal 50 a year. His bosses probably don’t want him to, to avoid injury when sliding into second base. But he has stolen anywhere from 10 to 50 bases a year in the years before.

He’s all around a great player. Not many of you know who he is apparently, he’s not a flashy player. He’s all business. But he is already considered the greatest player of all time by many.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
        Even Anaheim Angels don't sound right. When I started getting into baseball it was California Angels, then Disney bought them and changed it to Anaheim. I wish they went back to California Angels, but the owner wants the team to be associated with LA for money/marketing purposes.
        That’s right, I totally forgot about that. They were California Angels when i got into it. California Angels sound original and hard as fuk too.

Yes Business wise, I can totally understand why they would change it to LA though.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -What grade U in Kev?

Trout Fishing a great player, but ain't never gonna displace the holy trinity of Ruth, Gehrig, and Williams. No modern players have come close.
          I’m in no grade. I have a master’s degree.

Trout, through their age 27 seasons, is better than them. His WAR (wins above replacement), is higher.

And i’m a Yankee fan from New York City.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            As an Angels fan, I agree. LA Angels dont even sound right.

In my mind, they will always be the Anaheim Angels. I grew up going to the games when Luis Polonia, Jim Abott, and young Garet Anderson were playing.

When the homies wore blue dodger hats, I wore black Angels hat. It’s the muthafukin Halos!!
            I may be wrong, but I think the actual, official name of the team is the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. In English the name is The Angels Angels of Anaheim.

I went to a game there way back in 1978. Same Stadium I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              This is an annual debate. Best player, or most valuable player. The award is for "Most Valuable Player" NOT best player. I don't see why there is an argument about this issue. I don't give a **** about Trout being (arguably) the best player in 2019. Who was most responsible to his team winning games...period/end of statement/full stop. And that applies to losing teams as well as winning teams; the guy shouldn't be penalized to a crap team.

There are sabermetrics that can assess a guys value to a team...eWINS, pWINS, for example. Just grabbing Trout off the top based on a couple metrics or by looking at him run on a field is 19th Century stuff.
              You said it in your own post, the award should go to the Most Valuable Player. It’s a league wide award, for what happened in the season. The award is not called the Most Valuable Player of a Playoff Team. It’s the 2019 MVP award. The player who had the most value in the league. That is Mike Trout. Not cheating ass Astros’ Alex Bregman. Or Oakland A’s Mark Siemen. Mike Trout is better than both of them, he’s more valuable than them.

Speaking of 19th century stuff. LOL. That’s funny you mention that. Trout has been winning MVP’s because voters are now going by numbers. It was actually in the past that MVP awards would more than likely go to players of winning teams. And you should know that because you’re old enough.

Winning teams don’t have 1 player that was responsible for the team winning. They have good pitching, good bullpens, good defensive players, good offensive players, good baserunners.

The Most Valuable Player award of each league should go to the most valuable player of the league, as it already does. The award is not called the Most Valuable Player of a Winning Team award.

Winning teams have their own awards. It’s called the World Series MVP.

You’re right, it really shouldn’t be an argument, and it isn’t. Nobody really argues against Mike Trout being the AL MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                This is an annual debate. Best player, or most valuable player. The award is for "Most Valuable Player" NOT best player. I don't see why there is an argument about this issue. I don't give a **** about Trout being (arguably) the best player in 2019. Who was most responsible to his team winning games...period/end of statement/full stop. And that applies to losing teams as well as winning teams; the guy shouldn't be penalized to a crap team.

There are sabermetrics that can assess a guys value to a team...eWINS, pWINS, for example. Just grabbing Trout off the top based on a couple metrics or by looking at him run on a field is 19th Century stuff.
                - -U know PheeU WINS?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I’m in no grade. I have a master’s degree.

Trout, through their age 27 seasons, is better than them. His WAR (wins above replacement), is higher.

And i’m a Yankee fan from New York City.
                  - -So, U Yankee Doodle Dandy w/ Fluff degree...sweet!

Babe/Gehrig/Williams Run Production % makes Trout fishing look like minnow seining.

Time to study up!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    You said it in your own post, the award should go to the Most Valuable Player. It’s a league wide award, for what happened in the season. The award is not called the Most Valuable Player of a Playoff Team. It’s the 2019 MVP award. The player who had the most value in the league. That is Mike Trout. Not cheating ass Astros’ Alex Bregman. Or Oakland A’s Mark Siemen. Mike Trout is better than both of them, he’s more valuable than them.

Speaking of 19th century stuff. LOL. That’s funny you mention that. Trout has been winning MVP’s because voters are now going by numbers. It was actually in the past that MVP awards would more than likely go to players of winning teams. And you should know that because you’re old enough.

Winning teams don’t have 1 player that was responsible for the team winning. They have good pitching, good bullpens, good defensive players, good offensive players, good baserunners.

The Most Valuable Player award of each league should go to the most valuable player of the league, as it already does. The award is not called the Most Valuable Player of a Winning Team award.

Winning teams have their own awards. It’s called the World Series MVP.

You’re right, it really shouldn’t be an argument, and it isn’t. Nobody really argues against Mike Trout being the AL MVP.
                    Sorry Kev. Mike Trout is already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -So, U Yankee Doodle Dandy w/ Fluff degree...sweet!

Babe/Gehrig/Williams Run Production % makes Trout fishing look like minnow seining.

Time to study up!
                      Yea, time to study up on how friendly parks used to be to extra base hits back in their time, so yeah, runs were easier to score. Homers were easier for pull hitters, especially in parks like the Polo Grounds. To left field it was 280 feet, to right field it was 257 feet.

Someone like Brett Gardner would have probably hit 40 homers consistently in Polo Grounds, given his extreme pull tendencies. With his speed, 20 triples a year would have been putting it lightly. Runs scored? Probably 150 a year.

If you are such a “student” of the game, you would know about the dimensions of the older parks. Basically an extra base hit, runs, and homer run haven.

And runs at Fenway Park, the oldest park in the MLB, are also common. Look at Devers, Betts, Martinez, Bogaerts.

Betts 135 runs scored, lead the MLB this year.

Betts was also first place last year.

Who was second place this year? Another Boston Red Sox player, Rafael Devers, 129 runs scored.

So yeah...Fenway Park plays just like it’s old school counterparts. Big green monsters allows for lots of cheap doubles, always has. And a lot of home runs for righties. Dead center field is another doubles and triples haven. The 302 feet to right field makes it a home run haven for lefty pull hitters, like for example David Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X