Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with a cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I daily take things that boost the immune system and I don't think I've had a cold/flu in well over a decade and have great health. Things like ginger/garlic/msm (no not main stream media...the sulfur based supplement)/turmeric/vitamin E and an overall high quality diet and regular exercise (both cardio and resistance) really work. Also...if you have a gym membership with a sauna or steam room avoid it because people with the flu tend to use it and warm moist places are the ideal environment to incubate bacteria. They are breeding grounds for colds and flu's. At this stage...for the most part since you already have the cold it pretty much has to run it's course. You might shorten it by a day or two but that's about it.

Comment

Whiskey little bit lemon honey and tea mix well and enjoy

Comment

Lemon tea usually works for me

Lots of orange juice. If you can manage a hot shower go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Whiskey little bit lemon honey and tea mix well and enjoy
          Actually a little of bit of whiskey works

Not to get tipsy but seriously, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Hot tea with lemon & honey, garlic and a few days of rest and you'll be good as new.
            Thanks a lot. Will try this. Have done lemon and honey before without the garlic

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
              You can get lozenges with Vitamin C and zinc and elderberry.Vitamin A is good too.

At the first sign of cold or flu, the homeopathic remedy Oscillococcinum is great. But have to take it at the first indication you're coming down with a bug.

For now, get those lozenges.
              Had never heard of oscillococcium before. Need to research on it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I eat cloves of garlic when I feel a cold coming on & it KOs it 99/100. I actually was busy as f#ck recently & was forgetting to buy some garlic & was sick for a day. Got garlic & KOd that sh^t right outta there although I did have some nasty looking snot for a few days that was not ideal.
                Thanks. I have a lot of garlic and seems like it’s highly recommended

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post

Not sure we have this where I live. It’s possible it’s sold under a different name. Thanks a lot for the information. Will check it out

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
                    Get a styrofoam cup fill it with codeine and Sprite and a jolly rancher for flavor.
                    I do have codeine. Never really stock sprite but I’m gonna get it. I hope I don’t get knocked out for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                      NyQuil along with diet of Ramen, soup, and pho
                      Thanks buddy. Interesting there are so many remedies out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X