Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury Rematch May Take place In UK If Fight Is Competitive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Frank warren recently said Fury would be available for a Joshua fight in April. So not sure if they have a rematch clause.
    I wondered the same thing when Warren said that. Though the rematch clause may be something where the fight has to take place within 12 months not necessarily an immediate rematch or that the Joshua fight takes precedence over anything else.

Comment

At absolutely no point does either wilder fury 1 or a prospective number 2 outsell either of them fighting Joshua at Wembley in April.

Just do #1 in december... if wilder wins which i think he will, then negotiate with Hearn, get your fair offer and percentage and do wembley. simple.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
        The winner has a date with AJ. There should be nothing to get in the way because the date and venue is already done. It has to happen.
        Bro its not gonna happen lol. Hearn is saying there isn't gonna be a deal made after Dec. 1. And Fury or Wilder would be a dummy to make a deal before Dec. 1 where its completely possible they could have proof of their value with a PPV revenue number close to or surpassing what Joshua has done. And at that point a 50/50 deal with Joshua for the winner would make all the sense in the world & I don't believe Hearn is or has offered that to either guy as of yet.

Joshua vs Whyte is what we are almost assured of seeing in April. Or basically as long as Whyte beats Del Boy, which I don't think is a guarantee cuz I thought Del Boy won the first fight, but either way it was close & competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          At absolutely no point does either wilder fury 1 or a prospective number 2 outsell either of them fighting Joshua at Wembley in April.

Just do #1 in december... if wilder wins which i think he will, then negotiate with Hearn, get your fair offer and percentage and do wembley. simple.
          Same goes for Joshua vs Whyte vs Joshua vs the winner. So if Hearn isn't offering a more sensible offer for April (& he appears to not even wanna make an offer at all after Dec. 1) then both sides are missing out & honestly for me I think Wilder vs Fury 1 or 2 overshadows anything Joshua could do in the next year so fair play to Wilder vs Fury 2 happening if it makes sense after the first fight if Hearn isn't being reasonable still.

Comment

I'm being optimistic. I hope Hearn offers whoever wins 50/50 or pretty close to it. Whatever it takes to make the fight, if not, it's just greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Same goes for Joshua vs Whyte vs Joshua vs the winner. So if Hearn isn't offering a more sensible offer for April (& he appears to not even wanna make an offer at all after Dec. 1) then both sides are missing out & honestly for me I think Wilder vs Fury 1 or 2 overshadows anything Joshua could do in the next year so fair play to Wilder vs Fury 2 happening if it makes sense after the first fight if Hearn isn't being reasonable still.
              Wilder v Fury 2 in the UK wont sell more in the UK than AJ vs Whyte.. casual fan base props up AJ.

From whats being touted.. hearns offered 20 million plus 35%. i really dont think thats anything other than fair given the numbers wilder fans have been saying he deserves. Now its all about concentrating on fury..

why wasnt he being concentrated on last week when finkel was open to meeting provided a decent offer was made?

has fury only become worth concentrating on in the last 3 days?

Comment

Bro its not gonna happen lol. Hearn is saying there isn't gonna be a deal made after Dec. 1. And Fury or Wilder would be a dummy to make a deal before Dec. 1 where its completely possible they could have proof of their value with a PPV revenue number close to or surpassing what Joshua has done. And at that point a 50/50 deal with Joshua for the winner would make all the sense in the world & I don't believe Hearn is or has offered that to either guy as of yet.

Joshua vs Whyte is what we are almost assured of seeing in April. Or basically as long as Whyte beats Del Boy, which I don't think is a guarantee cuz I thought Del Boy won the first fight, but either way it was close & competitive.
                How much do Showtime PPVs cost?

Going by Hearn's numbers, AJ/Povetkin would have made around $28,500,00 from PPV buys. Maybe more if that didn't include the Irish buys.

Do you think it's possible for Wilder/Fury to exceed that?

Edit: I mean reasonably possible.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Wilder v Fury 2 in the UK wont sell more in the UK than AJ vs Whyte.. casual fan base props up AJ.
                  I think Wilder vs Fury is more exciting than anything Joshua does in the next 12 months besides fighting Wilder or Fury. I wasn't talking selling cuz I can see Joshua gots the casuals by the balls much more than the hardcore boxing fans. And everyone knows that the casuals are the people overpaying for fights & making fights big.

From whats being touted.. hearns offered 20 million plus 35%. i really dont think thats anything other than fair given the numbers wilder fans have been saying he deserves. Now its all about concentrating on fury..

why wasnt he being concentrated on last week when finkel was open to meeting provided a decent offer was made?
                  I can't imagine anyone with a brain would make a deal BEFORE their biggest fight which could undermine the biggest fights of the guy they are in talks with. That'd be like Pepsi making a deal to have Coca-Cola buy them out when they had a deal in place that could have their sales exceed Coca-Cola. And basically a 570k-800k PPV buy fight (depending on the yet to be announced price of said PPV) would do for both Wilder & Fury.

And if they don't & still do close numbers to what Joshua is doing its gonna increase the winners stake in the Joshua fight post-Dec. 1. No one with a brain would make a deal before the fight. It a risk worth taking basically.

Sure it could backfire & will backfire on one guy cuz its not like Joshua vs Fury isn't the biggest fight to make if he were to win, but if Joshua woulda lost to Klitschko he wouldn't be as big as he is now or if he woulda lost to Povetkin or if he loses to Whyte or anyone else he's gonna lose some value too. Thats just how sh^t works. Its a risky business & the +EV play here is to not make a deal before Dec. 1.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    How much do Showtime PPVs cost?
                    I can't remember the last non-Mayweather PPV so idk. Mayweather was doing $90, $100/HD. My assumption is Wilder vs Fury will be in the $50-$70 range. Could be $70, $80/HD doe to. Who's to say. I haven't heard an official price yet.

Going by Hearn's numbers, AJ/Povetkin would have made around $28,500,00 from PPV buys. Maybe more if that didn't include the Irish buys.

Do you think it's possible for Wilder/Fury to exceed that?

Edit: I mean reasonably possible.
                    I was giving Joshua credit for the Klitschko & Parker fights where he did $40M/USD PPV revenue with my estimates.

I've not heard any figures about how much Joshua vs Povetkin did on UK PPV. And is that 28M pounds or 28M USD?

But going off the figures I've heard if we assume that a Wilder vs Fury fight has an average price of $55 ($50, $60/HD) or $75 ($70, $80/HD) that means they'd need 533k to 727k to match Joshua's biggest PPV numbers I'm aware of. I've put my early PPV estimate at 400k to 600k. So yes I think its reasonably possible. And even if they don't surpass it & only get close I believe this is only helping the winner improve their value for a future Joshua fight cuz its improving Joshua's upside to.

Comment

I can't remember the last non-Mayweather PPV so idk. Mayweather was doing $90, $100/HD. My assumption is Wilder vs Fury will be in the $50-$70 range. Could be $70, $80/HD doe to. Who's to say. I haven't heard an official price yet.

I was giving Joshua credit for the Klitschko & Parker fights where he did $40M/USD PPV revenue with my estimates.

I've not heard any figures about how much Joshua vs Povetkin did on UK PPV. And is that 28M pounds or 28M USD?

But going off the figures I've heard if we assume that a Wilder vs Fury fight has an average price of $55 ($50, $60/HD) or $75 ($70, $80/HD) that means they'd need 533k to 727k to match Joshua's biggest PPV numbers I'm aware of. I've put my early PPV estimate at 400k to 600k. So yes I think its reasonably possible. And even if they don't surpass it & only get close I believe this is only helping the winner improve their value for a future Joshua fight cuz its improving Joshua's upside to.
                      AJ/Povetkin would have made around 28million USD from the PPVs. More if you include the gate, of course.

I'm a big Fury fan, so I hope you are right with your PPV estimate. But from what I know of US PPV buy rates, I'll be amazed if does that well.

Comment

Working...
                      X