Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Jones: I want to go into boxing face Joshua and Wilder. Make more money.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign up with Haymon. You'll start by fighting seven times a year fighting unranked fighters.

Comment

the greatest mma fighter ever, but he wont do to well in boxing imo

Comment

Cor - mier, Cor - mier

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          Sign up with Haymon. You'll start by fighting seven times a year fighting unranked fighters.
          That'd be the way to do it, tbh.

Depending on where he'd want to set up (Louie Burke [trainer for Austin Trout] in New Mexico, unsure of who to look to in upstate New York but there should be someone there, or hook up with a name camp; Headbangers in DC, RGBA in Oxnard, Camp Cunningham in Florida, Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas, Buddy McGirt if he's no longer with Taishan), lock in with a camp to correct the MMA mistakes, and basically just knock over a can every 6-8 weeks.

Eat properly without concern for cutting weight (don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's ~230lbs, fight fit, before starting the boil), and see where you're at in 16 months.

If the flashes prove out, you then immediately put him with a couple fringe top-50 guys (Travis Kaufman, Chazz Witherspoon, Joey Dawejko, Dave Allen, Amir Mansour, Fred Kassi, etc). He gets through that without issue and you immediately put him into whatever final eliminator that comes available.

8-10 fights is likely about as fast as you can move things

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            That'd be the way to do it, tbh.

Depending on where he'd want to set up (Louie Burke [trainer for Austin Trout] in New Mexico, unsure of who to look to in upstate New York but there should be someone there, or hook up with a name camp; Headbangers in DC, RGBA in Oxnard, Camp Cunningham in Florida, Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas, Buddy McGirt if he's no longer with Taishan), lock in with a camp to correct the MMA mistakes, and basically just knock over a can every 6-8 weeks.

Eat properly without concern for cutting weight (don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's ~230lbs, fight fit, before starting the boil), and see where you're at in 16 months.

If the flashes prove out, you then immediately put him with a couple fringe top-50 guys (Travis Kaufman, Chazz Witherspoon, Joey Dawejko, Dave Allen, Amir Mansour, Fred Kassi, etc). He gets through that without issue and you immediately put him into whatever final eliminator that comes available.

8-10 fights is likely about as fast as you can move things
            You're aware Conor Mcgregor fought Floyd Mayweather last year, right?

Comment

How does UKAD feel about using cocaine out of competition? This might be a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Right lol.

This is really coming out of the blue if you ask me & might have something to do with his next PED situation being the death penalty for him in MMA + he's got this whole snitching angle going on so he may or may not have sold some people out in MMA that is gonna get him in some deep water on the MMA scene. So he's looking for some outs to make as much money in as little time as possible cuz of all that bs I feel like.

Yeah, more than likely.

His MMA career since 2015 has been a real let down with all failed drug tests. Really wanted to see him vs. Rumble Johnson.

Jones has been burning bridges it seems, one more failed test and that's it of for his MMA career. But I also think he's delusional enough to think he stands a chance against Wilder or Joshua in a boxing ring.

So I can see Jones trying to venture elsewhere. Not everyone can be an entrepreneur and transition into the weed business, like my boy Rumble:

Comment

He will never get to the level of being in line for a fight with either of them. Hell, has he ever defeated a boxer under boxing rules in is life? These guys always want to start at the top. He should stick to what he does best. Nobody that I know of has ever left the UFC and defeated good boxers. The first decent boxer he fights will probably knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    At least he admits he's just looking for a cash out. If he was good enough he'd have already been in boxing.
                    This right here

Failed boxers go into MMA as fallback the #1 UFC Draw is a prime example

Comment

I would phuck up this dude in a second. Stick with MMA, bytch boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X