Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

love or hate hbo...their production value will be missed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love or hate hbo...their production value will be missed.

aside from showtime broadcasts, which are pretty good, the likes of pbc and espn are vastly inferior to hbo...especially pbc on fox. it has such a cheap feel to it, and who tf wants to watch commercials during a boxing card? completely kills the flow. hbo was indeed the gold standard.

Depends by what you mean by production value. DAZN are gobbling up all the best behind the scenes guys.

Comment

HBO definitely had the best production in the business, I agree. Great presentation and camera work as well.

Comment

Yeah...like that 1 1/2 hour wait for GGG/ Canelo 2. I'll miss that....as well as Lampley crying.

Comment

HBO was far and away the best in terms of production. Jim and Max, despite the fact that they were shills, really made you feel like you were watching something special. HBO boxing was an event. Gonna be hard for anyone to reach that level of production.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
            Yeah...like that 1 1/2 hour wait for GGG/ Canelo 2. I'll miss that....as well as Lampley crying.
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Agree 100%. Never a fan of the HBO announcer bias, but the production, shoulder programming, graphics & general feel of the HBO broadcast felt superior to anyone elses shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Depends by what you mean by production value. DAZN are gobbling up all the best behind the scenes guys.
                Did they steal them directly from the Canelo vs GGG II PPV cuz that bs they made us watch for idk an hour or almost an hour before the Smith vs Groves fight made me feel like it was a poor mans Canelo vs GGG II gap between fights repeat.

Show me the f#cking fights people who show fights. Ffs its not that complicated. Give me 15 minutes of hype if you wanna build something up fair play I get it, but I don't need to see a documentary on mfers before the fight or talking heads trying to kill time. Everyone in boxing needs to watch a UFC card I swear to f#cking gawd. They got fights popping off every 30 minutes. Fights are shorter, but they know why your there. To watch the f#cking fights not documentaries & talking heads. F#ck people in boxing are stupid.

/rant lmfao

Comment

Working...
                X