No announcement yet.

Is it good to spar people better then you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it good to spar people better then you

Should I be sparring people better then me. The thing is when ever I soar people better then me I don’t really feel confident to punch because they come right back and stronger. Am I learning anything or not really

Spar everyone. When you spar better guys, stop thinking about the emotions it gives you and use it to observe. Observe what you did wrong, what they did right. The best tricks you'll learn and the ones someone else uses on you.

Comment

Good but painful

Comment

Originally posted by Commie View Post
        Good but painful
        Your fight with mikey garcia is on right?

Comment

You'll learn alot more sparring people better than you. Focus on defence such as stepping back and to the side to get away from their attacks, shelling up when you can't get away and keeping your gloves up. Im not sure what level your at but those basic strategies should work. Also you gotta really look at what advantages you have, are you the taller guy? Do you outweigh your partner? Does he tire easily? Fight your fight not his. I'm usually the taller guy so when I'm against someone more skilled than me I sometimes just stay out of range and jab them the whole round. When im the heavier i sometimes throw my weight at them.

Comment

Definitely better, you'll probs find as a beginner your fitness is letting your defence down, probs too gassed to move out/to the side effectively and have hand discipline to be keeping them up.
            It's an excellent motivator to increase your fitness with sprints hiit etc and the progress does come.

Comment

Originally posted by rw.box View Post
              Should I be sparring people better then me. The thing is when ever I soar people better then me I don’t really feel confident to punch because they come right back and stronger. Am I learning anything or not really
              of course its the only way you get better and fighting a slightly better fighter will make you improve at a faster rate, i'm not talking about a novice in with a pro of course.
              Everything is about levels and a decent trainer of your gym will know how much he can test you in sparring better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by rw.box View Post
                You learn by sparring better opponents. Against weaker opponents you can test some things out in the ring, but weaker opponents wont be able to exploit your weaknesses and wont show you what you are lacking.

You learn a whole lot more sparring against better guys, but only if they know how to do helpful sparring and not just Smash you right out of the ring.

Comment

Alright thanks guys

Comment

In any sport you wanna challenge people better then you

Comment

Working...
                    X