Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision aside; is Abe Sanchez holding back good fighters??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    The thing was Triple G was already a seasoned veteran when he went with Sanchez, and I think Sanchez never really knew how to train him even after eight years. Golovkin should have hired Kevin Rooney instead.
    Rooney??

Ydsab

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Funny because when things are going well you guys say what a helluva job by the fighter but when it goes bad it’s all Abel’s fault lol

Wow I guess it could never be ggg or gassievs fault right I mean how could it be their eastern euro so it can’t be their fault.
      I've always said this about Sanchez. Go back to making 15 ******ed threads a day.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Rooney??

Ydsab
        Well Rooney has experience with power punchers like Tyson and Golovkin is a good puncher as well. Rooney understands the sweet science better than Sanchez and the peek-a-boo style/bobbing and weaving would have worked with Golovkin.

I've noticed with Golovkin his defense is not as good as it used to be, he's getting hit in the face too many times, his offense is not sharp either. The trainer deserves some blame for that. Watch Golovkin before he signed up with Sanchez he was a much better boxer.
        Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-17-2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I'm still wondering why Sanchez never corrected GGG's lack of body shots. GGG would've performed much better against Canelo in both fights, had he invested in the body. As for Gassiev, I think he would've been whitewashed, no matter who trained him. Usyk is the cruiserweight Lomachenko. As of this comment, Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are the only fighters I can see beating him.

To answer the question, I think Abel Sanchez taught GGG all he could, and had reached his limit a while ago. Therefore, I believe he's been holding GGG back. I think he's also hit his ceiling with Gassiev, but I don't think there's much any other trainer could do for him, that Sanchez hasn't done already. In my opinion, Sanchez isn't holding Gassiev back, Gassiev is simply doesn't have the potential GGG had at his age. Even at 36, GGG has very solid fundamentals, and can box as well as brawl. Gassiev just kind of plods forward and throws lethal punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I've always said this about Sanchez. Go back to making 15 ******ed threads a day.
            I think we all know why you blame Sanchez.

You white supremacist just can’t stand you’re boys getting whooped, lame ass cuunts.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              I think we all know why you blame Sanchez.

You white supremacist just can’t stand you’re boys getting whooped, lame ass cuunts.

You a clown

Comment

Will copy and paste.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                He sucks.
                Another hack that's never boxed and offers zero tactical information its just stupidly vague **** like ''apply more pressure'', ''go for the knockout''. Never does he explain how. What they need to adjust, set up, an opponents tendencies, what to look out for.

He's just living through GGG and any half decent trainer would of got just as much out of GGG with the pedigree, ability and commitment he has. He'd be twice the beast he is under a Robert Garcia for example. He'd actually be the fighter his fans had hoped he was.

He ruined Terry Norris, GGGs limitations have been shown time and time again. Ponamarev was once promising, Gassiev just looked as limited of a fighter as you'll ever see.

He just has an eye for good talent and has been very fortunate.
                A conditioning coach, an egomaniac whose been fortunate enough to have talent come his way. A glorified Frankenstein who makes fighters do silly neck and jaw exercises rather than honing their skills.
                All he does tries to create zombies. He's a sadistic that spent his former life getting pitbulls to fight and kill each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  There's a general feeling that, regardless of outcomes, Gassiev and Golovkin could have done more. It's as if the ship wasn't being captained correctly.
                  Thoughts?
                  I tend to agree with that assessment. A trainers job is to assess both his fighter's and opponent's weaknesses and strengths.

The proper preparation for a fighter is key for any good trainer. I just simply believe that the Reynoso's simply out coached Abel on Saturday night.

They added several arsenals to Canelo's game plan; By improving his stamina, staying off the ropes, throwing more combination and body punches and forcing GGG to fight off the back foot etc.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    You a clown
                    If that’s not you why are you responding on someone else’s behalf if you’re not one of those it shouldn’t effect you but from the looks of things...

This place has become a fuucking kkk gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard
                      I don't know **** abut boxing? And you do? I don't think Sanchez was ever the right trainer for Golovkin. It's true that Rooney didn't have much success with other fighters besides Tyson, but Rooney would have improved Golovkin for sure given Golovkin's talent level. Of course it's too late for Golovkin to switch trainers now.

Golovkin's fight against Danny Jacobs is evident that Sanchez can't improved Golovkin.
                      Rooney hahahahaha

Rooney is a bum trainer compared to Sanchez

Comment

Working...
                      X