Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo vs. Monroe, Charlo vs. Harrison - Finalized For 12/22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How in the F does Willie Monroe Jr keep getting world title shots!!! And Tony Harrison also!!! Two scrubs

Comment

God mfing damn PBC is like the slow kid in school. 3.5years and they FINALLY put the Charlo's at the top of the bill co-headlining? They shoulda been doing this sh^t from day f#cking 1.

Anyway forgive my rant. PBC frustrates me so much with their stupidity on basic f#cking sh^t.

As to the matchups, solid enough keep busy fights. It seems obvious that DAZN is running the 160lb division & no one not with DAZN is getting to the front of the line next I'd be willing to bet. And I'm actually a fan of all these guys. Harrison is a Michigan guy so I've been a fan of him the longest actually. He's no easy win & I think he can give Charlo some competition while likely coming up short. His stamina specifically been a problem so if this gets into the later rounds with Harrison doing well that could be where the difference between these two becomes the most obvious if it hasn't been shown already. And Monroe is always a weird cat to fight, but he's still got a bit of name & he doesn't suck at all despite that recent poor performance vs BJS. I'd hope Monroe would take a more aggressive risk taking approach with his passive counter punching style cuz he's a talented dude but he doesn't seem like a guy who's realllllllly trying to win at times.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Yuck and double Yuck
        well that says it all

Comment

These are big mismatches!! These better be tune ups to bigger fights!

Comment

I'm ok with this......

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              They have fought on the same card plenty of times. Not sure that is going to affect them.
              Both are on different levels now & I have seen Brothers fight on the same card before & a bad night for one has effected one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                Not the best idea putting both bros. on the SAME card IMO, One can have a bad night and kill the others vibe. Lucky for them they dont have much comp, Jermell prob in there tougher than his brother.
                Sh^t man these two have probably fought on the same card 30-50 times as pros & amateurs. I highly doubt its gonna f#ck up the other guys day if one were to lose. They've likely seen each other lose in their amateur days & had to fight later most of the times they lost.

Comment

Last time they were on same card

Charlo vs Trout
                  Charlo vs Jackson

Comment

Young Lions, Let's Go! Not too happy with Jermall's opponent, but we'll see what Canelo or GGG do in 2019! Tony Harrison will give Jermell some work! I like this fight! Now we need to see who Hurd fights coming off his shoulder surgery! Hopefully we get Charlo vs. Hurd early 2019!

Comment

both these fights are TERRIBLE. And I hate the double mint twins act. These dudes should both be fighting better competition and headlining their own cards to build their own identity. It's bad enough that hard core fans can barely remember and tell them apart. You don't know how many times someone will quote a fight for the wrong brother on these boards. Good luck getting casual fans to tell the difference. Pairing them together just comes of as cheap and gimmicky.

I can kinda of give Jermall a pass for the weak opponent he's just trying to stay busy while he waits on GGG to decide if he going to duck him or not and GGG said he ain't fighting again until March-May 2019. So Jermall decision was either take a stay busy fight or sit out until 2019 to hear GGG's decision. Jermell no excuses Haymon has damn near all the top guys at 154 this is hot garbage. At least Jermall can say I have no choice waiting for WBC because all the best fighters and belt holders at 160 are across the street.

Comment

Working...
                      X