No announcement yet.

Canelo’s versatility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo’s versatility

Canelo has shown to be a great counter puncher, play defense nicely when need be and tonight showed he could stand and outfight a naturally bigger power puncher in ggg.

Props to canelo for everything he has accomplished the kid is on his way to carving his own history in the sport .

And he has shown the balls to face anyone...

At only 21 fights prime Floyd
    Undefeated trout
    Cotto, Lara and now ggg twice.

This is the canelo era.

If fans scored every fight like they score triple g fights you couldn’t win with power punches, counters, ring generalship, effective aggression, etc.

You’d only score jabs. Like a fencing match.

Comment

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
      If fans scored every fight like they score triple g fights you couldn’t win with power punches, counters, ring generalship, effective aggression, etc.

You’d only score jabs. Like a fencing match.
      Hahahahaha

Your killing me bro I hear ya though ggg fans are definitely a special type of breed.

And special not in a good way lol

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        Canelo has shown to be a great counter puncher, play defense nicely when need be and tonight showed he could stand and outfight a naturally bigger power puncher in ggg.

Props to canelo for everything he has accomplished the kid is on his way to carving his own history in the sport .

And he has shown the balls to face anyone...

At only 21 fights prime Floyd
        Undefeated trout
        Cotto, Lara and now ggg twice.

This is the canelo era.
        He was 23 when he fought Floyd stop making up shieet.

Also, he had fought only 4 pro fights less than Floyd when they clashed and was unified champion so there wasn't that much of a gap in experience as people would like you to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

Also, he had fought only 4 pro fights less than Floyd when they clashed and was unified champion so there wasn't that much of a gap in experience as people would like you to believe.
          Wooooooow

If you think canelo had the close to the same level of experience as Floyd when they fought just because he had 4 fights less than you have no business watching boxing because that’s not how it works you noob.

***** even the most hardcore Floyd fan will tell you Floyd was waaaaaay more experienced when he faced a green canelo.

Wow

Comment

Props to him definitely, his resume is stacked with every breed of style, he has fought old, young, contenders, experience fighters. He has fought every one asked of him, he definitely learned from the Mayweather fight/performance. He didn’t fight a “Prime” Mayweather like you put it but he was in there with the greatest boxer of my era. He was given a boxing lesson but the way he last 24 rounds with killer G makes me rate Canelo, Obviously the drug test thing makes me look at him suspiciously but for this fight we know he was clean.

Comment

Mayweather and canelo are 2 kings. That was the REAL passing of the torch fight even though TBE schooled him.

It makes sense because Pacquiao fans became GGG fans as well. I wonder who they will jump to next? Hopefully they just stick to mainly watching MMA like they usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

canelo had fought 2 top 10 fighters when he fought floyd. floyd had fought prob close to 20. he had way more top level experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Mayweather and canelo are 2 kings. That was the REAL passing of the torch fight even though TBE schooled him.

It makes sense because Pacquiao fans became GGG fans as well. I wonder who they will jump to next? Hopefully they just stick to mainly watching MMA like they usually do.

well canelo was the only guy he could possibly pass the torch to since all his other opponents were so old. did he have to pass it to a drained canelo though? 2 champs in the same division fighting at a catchweight...don't believe i have ever seen that before. floyd the innovator. draining guys in his same division, making them wear pillow gloves, what else can he do for boxing?

Comment

Working...
                  X