Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got booked as a secondary character on upcoming tv show(very let down by the money)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Yea. Supporting actors basically.
    Yea I think a secondary actor today would be in the $75k a episode range on the low end for a network show.

The friends actors were smart. They all got together and asked for a raise. The original Aunt Viv on the Fresh Prince tried to get them to do that and they all agree except for Will. She ended up being the only one who held out for more money and they replaced her.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yea I think a secondary actor today would be in the $75k a episode range on the low end for a network show.

The friends actors were smart. They all got together and asked for a raise. The original Aunt Viv on the Fresh Prince tried to get them to do that and they all agree except for Will. She ended up being the only one who held out for more money and they replaced her.
      Idk man I think thats waaayyyy high. I think primary characters for many shows are in that bracket on network TV.

Googling this sh^t while watching the fight lol cuz I'm legit curious & seeing the This Is Us primary cast is making $40k-$80k an episode/700k-1.4M per year. Thats a top 5 show on network TV right now. The secondary characters on that show obviously gotta be making less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Idk man I think thats waaayyyy high. I think primary characters for many shows are in that bracket on network TV.

Googling this sh^t while watching the fight lol cuz I'm legit curious & seeing the This Is Us primary cast is making $40k-$80k an episode/700k-1.4M per year. Thats a top 5 show on network TV right now. The secondary characters on that show obviously gotta be making less than that.
        Oh ok. Tell you the truth I don't watch much TV. I was just basing it off the highly paid actors made and chopped a lot off. So cable must be making around 10-20k an episode.

Comment

Oh ok. Tell you the truth I don't watch much TV. I was just basing it off the highly paid actors made and chopped a lot off. So cable must be making around 10-20k an episode.
          LOL yea I don't either. Idk wtf This Is Us even is about. Apparently Mandy Moore is in it doe.

I was looking at some salary thing for shows from variety & its the HBO's, Showtime's, Amazon's, Hulu's & Netflix's that are paying the f#ck outta guys.

https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tv-...es-1202534375/

Also respect to Jon Banks from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul for taking down $100k an episode right now. That mfer 70 something years old & killing it.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
            Just got a notice from my agent that I got the role of a secondary character on a upcoming TV Show. I will be there for the entire season.

Very let down by the money. I started auditioning as a second job because I thought it was bank. I guess I was delusional.

My impression was that even secondary characters on mid level TV Shows will get like millions. Lol.

Agent told me only Game of Thrones Level command that kind of cash.
            Congrats, we got a future tv star in our presence. I'll bet that you're still making more than fighters who are just starting out. Plus, you don't have to get punched in your face, not even once, to earn it...…….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
              How much did they offer you?
              12 grand per episode. 10 Episodes guarantee. No royalty bonus if this ever become the next GOT.

I'm going to make 250k a year next year being a financial adviser. So that's a massive paycut.

I was thinking that I would have made half a million doing acting as a secondary/third character on some average show. Not known at all but still making bank. Wake up call for sure. I will never make that much unless it's a hit show or I'm the lead guy.

Comment

No it doesn't make sense on the surface but you'll never make millions acting if you don't try. All you'll be left with are regrets. You do not want to live your life thinking "what if". I'm not telling you to quit your job but as long as you know you have that steady income coming in you'll always lean on that instead of taking the big risk that comes with the big reward.
                This is 100% true. But I can get to the top 1% doing what I do. Throwing that away in the hopes of getting to the top 0.1% sounds wasteful.

If I was making 35 grand a year, than sure. But top 1% living good.

I'll be perfectly fine when I'm 40, driving that Bentley, living in a super nice neighborhood with a supportive family.

Don't need no private jets.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                  12 grand per episode. 10 Episodes guarantee. No royalty bonus if this ever become the next GOT.

I'm going to make 250k a year next year being a financial adviser. So that's a massive paycut.

I was thinking that I would have made half a million doing acting as a secondary/third character on some average show. Not known at all but still making bank. Wake up call for sure. I will never make that much unless it's a hit show or I'm the lead guy.
                  Get the strap, we got a visit to make Boyz.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Working...
                      X