Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The quality of the HBO commentary last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The quality of the HBO commentary last night...

... when Max Kellerman's the least irritating person behind the mike, you know it's gonna be a bad night. Lampley needs taking out like an old dog and given both barrels. Put him into pasture.

That bit in the first round: "JAB... JAB.... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB... JAB...."

What IS IT with these daft cunts that they seem to feel they have to fill EVERY second with NOISE?

If you haven't got anything to say then SHUT. YOUR. FUCKING. MOUTH. People are tuning in for informed commentary, not incessant bullshit. Lampley's obsession with the word "jab" had him calling left hooks "jabs" in round 9.

And Royston "Roy" Jones Jr. disagreeing with the other two on nearly EVERY point. Granted, they ARE cunts, and deserve to be disagreed with, but it's getting ridiculous now.

"And if you take a shit without dropping your pants, you'll get stained underwear."

"No, I disagree with that, Max, because if you done gone do how you do, then you do done gone do."

And "Triple G"? How many fucking TIMES did they say that??? Let's remind ourselves that "Triple G" isn't actually his fucking NAME. It's his nickname. It's like watching a Wilder fight, and repeatedly (and fuck me, do they repeat) saying "Bronze Bomber." Grow the fuck up.

In fact, they all need to fuck off. I saw another fight (Monroe vs Saunders) and I thought Richie "literally" Woodhall would be the most annoying cunt with a microphone last night. Sadly I was wrong. Because the thing about the UK commentary (and Showtime's, to be fair) is that they don't mind having SILENCE for more than two seconds at a time.

Shut the fuck up.

Don Dunphy was, in my mind, the single greatest commentator in boxing history. Here he is commenting on the poignant moment in one of most significant and exciting fights of all time. Imagine the HBO crew dishonoured a moment such as this with their presence.

Notice the difference in legitimacy when it comes to passion, none of Dunphy is false and he doesn't break any immersion with faux-Hollywood garbage. Any exclamations are true and come soley from passion for boxing.

Comment

Roy is by far the best commentator HBO has EVER had. I had nelo winning by one round.

Comment

Watched the fight on Boxnation and there's definitely a difference in commentary. Blow by blow guy who speaks when there's something significant happening or prods his co-commentator expert for background info and analysis. Each knows his role. With the HBO team, Lampley at one point in the late 80s went from a blow by blow guy to someone who's a boxing analyst, so now it's a bit of a mess with RJ, Lampley and Kellerman all chiming in with their views, and every HBO fight is now just this cacophony of noise that distracts from the action.
        !! Anorak !! Anorak likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post

Don Dunphy was, in my mind, the single greatest commentator in boxing history. Here he is commenting on the poignant moment in one of most significant and exciting fights of all time. Imagine the HBO crew dishonoured a moment such as this with their presence.

Notice the difference in legitimacy when it comes to passion, none of Dunphy is false and he doesn't break any immersion with faux-Hollywood garbage. Any exclamations are true and come soley from passion for boxing.
          Great commentator. Also had a lot of time for Sheridan, though obviously not the senile version who still works today.

Comment

Roy was really pro canelo. I could see the tide turning to golovkin from rd 2 (probably rd 1), but the hbo crew was kissing canelo's ass so hard, and then when it was painfully obvious canelo was being outboxed and outhustled, roy is still in there "yea, canelo is choosing to getv
            owned, yep, in conplete control".

I like roy, but he has his off days (ball gaggling), usually its for the black fighter, today for whatever reason it was for canelo.

Comment

I thought hbo sucked last night.. totally riding ggg's dick..

Canelo was bombing away early and clearly hitting the better shots in the first few rounds and lampley be like "golovkin jab doe"

Comment

Yeah the jab, jab, jab thing annoyed me as it didn't seem he was even hitting Canelo

Comment

I just want Roy Jones to fken retire somewhere we can't hear him. He can barely speak English what the fk is he doing making commentary same as Hopkins. Ward is the only one out of those three that doesn't annoy me to no end regularly. Lampley I guess I'm just numb to by now.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

"And if you take a shit without dropping your pants, you'll get stained underwear."

"No, I disagree with that, Max, because if you done gone do how you do, then you do done gone do."

Comment

Working...
                    X