Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: I Won't KO Rios, He'll Be There For Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a gut feeling Bradley stops Rios in the later rounds.

Comment

Patty cake Bradley giving us the heads up. Bradley has zero power. And his latest run has been pretty qyestionable. Again, Bradley is the luckiest guy in boxing

-gift against manny
      -arguably could have had the Ruslan fight
      -very close fight against Marquez
      -being mauled by Chaves (escaped with a draw)
      -nearly stopped by Vargas(?!) The ref interrupted the fight and saved him.

I don't think Brandon has the IQ to stop Bradley. But, if Bradley is smart he will find his way to win via cards, luck, or ref.

It's insane

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Tim understands that winning a UD is better for your career than losing in a blaze of glory.
        So you are saying that Winning is better than Losing? Wow what a concept.

Comment

Should've said that he can't. Not that he wont.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Bradley is going to masterclass Rios and make him look like a chump. You might need a couple blunts to dull the pain because Riosvisn't KOing anyone, he'll be luck to win 4 rds.
            I could use those blunts now. Good point about rios, forgot his slow ass is more of a piñata sparring partner.

Comment

tim is going to embarrass rios for 12 rounds by out boxing him going back to what made him 1 of the top fighters in the division

Comment

a very good fight for boxing. bradley can change trainers,say what he won't and will do. but at the end of the day he will be in a brawl. he knows it and so does rios. if bradley can keep his cool then he should win but when he gets hit then he's wreckless.

Comment

Rules out trying to get a knockout...gets robbed by the judges

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    I know right! Stupid comment. Rios can take a PAC punch, a broadly punch is more of a facial massage. Bradly has the top of his head as his most feared weapon.
                    Rios, Marquez, Bradley, and Floyd all took "Pac Punches". But of course that's without juice. So that's not saying much.

Bradley doesn't need to hit super hard. He just needs to connect with precision. Something he's good at, despite people discounting him.

What gets him is the fact that he can't keep his cool when he's in the trenches. If Atlas drills that into him, Bradley will be nigh unstoppable.

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                    Hell no, because thats Rios's talent, getting punched. Punching bags always just hang around, no matter how hard you hit them, but people on this site think of it as True Talent, to be able to take a punch.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Also, I just don't like the "I'll outbox him for a decision" mentality. A fighter should press for knockout because it's not guaranteed that he'll get a fair shake by the judges.
                    I agree in concept. I watched Canelo/Lara.

But the problem is, knockouts are difficult even when you can connect especially when you're in your 30's. Stoppages wear you down, and Bradley has an issue getting winded in later rounds if he throws too much early on.

Rios isn't the kind of guy to get knocked out by hardly anybody I can think of in the weight classes. Bradley knows that. He's being realistic. I respect that from him.

Not like Pacquiao swearing he'll knock out Floyd because God will "deliver him". He deserved to get beat.

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
                    -gift against manny
                    Disputed by professionals. Manny was more aggressive but ineffectually; Bradley was sloppy and uncoordinated. Off balance. Manny was also held to a standard of walking right through Bradley yet couldn't put him away? I thought a SD was the right call, it wasn't like Bradley took a UD. It was close.

Pacquiao/Bradley 1 was Mayweather/Pacquiao without refined skill and balance. Mayweather did the same thing Bradley did with less punches thrown (thus not getting winded) better accuracy and better balance even though he slipped once. Bradley had the equation for beating him. Give him that.

-arguably could have had the Ruslan fight
                    AS with Algieri, Bradley recouped and literally outboxed Provod the second half of the fight. Cleanly. Provod can't handle pure boxers. There was no way to score that as a Ruslan win, all he had was three clear rounds and two swing rounds. Stop judging based on Bradley's face.

-very close fight against Marquez
                    This wasn't anywhere near close. It was a boxing lesson. Marquez, a guy who has taken Pacquiao to task four times, was near completely nullified by a guy who has limited power, limited coordination. Don't judge this fight on round 12. Bradley fought this fight the same way Floyd did if not better.

-being mauled by Chaves (escaped with a draw)
                    Mauled? Bradley was dominating this guy until the headbutt. There was no "mauling" of any kind. The draw was a joke and everyone who knows boxing knew it.

-nearly stopped by Vargas(?!) The ref interrupted the fight and saved him.
                    Vargas was not stopping Bradley in the last seconds of the round. Yeah, I saw Chavez/Taylor, this wasn't it. The ref botched, period. Bradley won almost every round of that fight. Everyone gets caught with a shot they can't see coming - yes, even Floyd has gotten caught in every fight since the Hatton fight by a good shot. It happens. Bradley was still of the mind to keep on the move and stay upright.

The only fair criticism of Timothy Bradley, I believe, comes from having Joel Diaz as his manager. I think that guy was holding back Bradley's potential as a contender. Joel "I'MA STOP IT!" Diaz. I want to see what Atlas can do for Bradley, if Bradley schools Rios we'll know for a fact he's right where he needs to be.

Comment

Bradley won already before the fight happens.Just ask the judges.
                      Bradley vs Broner,

Comment

Working...
                      X