No announcement yet.

Golota vs either of Klitschko's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    and to make matters worse, a fight where the guy who was winning the fight had to stop due to an injury. dont tell me you think byrd was on his way to winning that fight
    I've watched that fight quite a few times. Byrd was very crafty and confident and gave Klitschko a lot of trouble(More trouble than he gave past prime Andrew Golota). I don't think it's a coincidence that Vitali wrecked his shoulder, he likely overextended due to Byrd's slick defense.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      I've watched that fight quite a few times. Byrd was very crafty and confident and gave Klitschko a lot of trouble(More trouble than he gave past prime Andrew Golota). I don't think it's a coincidence that Vitali wrecked his shoulder, he likely overextended due to Byrd's slick defense.
      he wasnt that crafty or slick. he was losing, thats what he was. a proven torn rotator cuff injury is supposed to be far fetched and pacquiao-esque ?!?!? vitali wasnt ever known to be a quitter and there was no reason for him to quit vs byrd.

if youre a golota fan/wladvit hater, fine. but try to fit in some honest critiquing. we all want to be viewed as fight fans, not fan boys. i highly doubt prime golota beats the wlad aj beat and any version of vit kills golota.

my opinions demand i say this due to golotas resume and history of imploding when the lights are at their brightest.

Comment

Golota had lots of talent but not enough mental stability. Once Golota got hit with some hard shots from either brother he'd fold like a bad hand in poker.

Comment

he wasnt that crafty or slick. he was losing, thats what he was.
          Nobody has ever made Vitali miss that many punches and look that comfortable while doing it(while being a small CW too). He was so good at it that Vitali overextended on his punches to the point of badly injuring his shoulder. At that point the scorecards didn't matter.

Golota on the other hand had no problems with Byrd. With his punches in punches and accuracy, he was able to neutralize Byrd, outscore him and know when to and when not to attack. And with such a frustrating opponent, Golota at that time was able to keep his cool and not foul out. Funny how that works out right? Like I said in the beginning of the thread, by the time he was past prime he had heart and mental strength for some reason. If only he had it pre-car accident.

I don't care who you favor in this matchup, it's factually wrong to act like Golota wasn't on that level or would just be a can smash for Klitschkos.

if youre a golota fan/wladvit hater, fine. but try to fit in some honest critiquing. we all want to be viewed as fight fans, not fan boys. i highly doubt prime golota beats the wlad aj beat and any version of vit kills golota.
          I'm not emotionally involved. I'm neutral on all the fighters discussed here. I just know talent when I see it, and Golota was a more talented Europan heavyweight than both Klitschko's. I say more talented, not a better fighter because talent alone doesn't make you great. When he was on, no Klitschko could compare to his use of the jab, his two fisted combinations, movement and upperbody defense. They just had the edge elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            Nobody has ever made Vitali miss that many punches and look that comfortable while doing it(while being a small CW too). He was so good at it that Vitali overextended on his punches to the point of badly injuring his shoulder. At that point the scorecards didn't matter.

Golota on the other hand had no problems with Byrd. With his punches in punches and accuracy, he was able to neutralize Byrd, outscore him and know when to and when not to attack. And with such a frustrating opponent, Golota at that time was able to keep his cool and not foul out. Funny how that works out right? Like I said in the beginning of the thread, by the time he was past prime he had heart and mental strength for some reason. If only he had it pre-car accident.

I don't care who you favor in this matchup, it's factually wrong to act like Golota wasn't on that level or would just be a can smash for Klitschkos.
            byrd
            was
            LOSING

the tide
            wasnt
            turning.......

byrd
            didnt
            cause
            the injury.....

now that weve gotten passed the obvious, is there another, more official win you want to try and impress me with ??!?!?!?!?

Comment

byrd
              was
              LOSING

the tide
              wasnt
              turning.......

byrd
              didnt
              cause
              the injury.....

now that weve gotten passed the obvious, is there another, more official win you want to try and impress me with ??!?!?!?!?
              Byrd took the fight and flew to Germany on 2 weeks notice. Vits had only landed 8 more punches the entire fight. And yes, Byrd did cause the injury by making him miss. Let's not forget Vits avoided trying to avenge this defeat even though both were closely ranked the next several years.

You really need to learn what you're talking about.

Comment

Golata would beat Wlad in prime, but Vitali was in different league, never floored, real machine.

Comment

Working...
                X