Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Rigo's not a three round fighter. He's fought past the third several times, usually KOing his opponent. The only time Guillermo looked bad in any way shape or form was when he coasted against Cordoba after the sixth round of their encounter. If Donaire can figure him out, Rigo can do the same in return. This fight will go twelve rounds. And win, lose or draw, "El Chacal" will prove that he's for real.
    He "coasted" after he got touched, which is what's going to happen in this fight except Donaire is a million times the fighter Cordoba is.

Comment

• Originally posted by mesher View Post
      He "coasted" after he got touched, which is what's going to happen in this fight except Donaire is a million times the fighter Cordoba is.
      This is true. Do you want me to say he got on his bike? He did. It's also true that it was only Guillermo's seventh professional bout, a fight against a quality opponent, which he won.

Now it's time for me to correct you. Donaire is certainly better than Cordoba, but not a "million times" so. Nonito isn't so much better than Ricardo that I'm fearing for Rigo's life. Forty percent of the people who have voted so far seem to feel the same way...and I don't believe there are that many Cuban members on this forum....

Comment

This is true. Do you want me to say he got on his bike? He did. It's also true that it was only Guillermo's seventh professional bout, a fight against a quality opponent, which he won.

Now it's time for me to correct you. Donaire is certainly better than Cordoba, but not a "million times" so. Nonito isn't so much better than Ricardo that I'm fearing for Rigo's life. Forty percent of the people who have voted so far seem to feel the same way...and I don't believe there are that many Cuban members on this forum....
        This fight is around the 60/40 split in favor of Donaire just like how people have voted. This means if they fought 10 times, Donaire would win 6 and Rigondeaux 4. This shows us how close of a fight this will be on April 13. I see Donaire winning by late stoppage, either KO or TKO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelo89 View Post
          This fight is around the 60/40 split in favor of Donaire just like how people have voted. This means if they fought 10 times, Donaire would win 6 and Rigondeaux 4. This shows us how close of a fight this will be on April 13. I see Donaire winning by late stoppage, either KO or TKO.
          Maybe that's what the average voter thinks it means. While the notion sounds nice, it has no practical value. These two would never fight that many times.

I predicted 60/40, 55/45 odds in favor of Donaire before this poll was even posted. As fight time draws near, the chances for both men are so nearly even that literally anything can happen. If the bookmakers continue to offer 3-1 odds, it should tempt quite a few gamblers to place a bet on Rigo. My guess is that the odds will shrink to 2-1 by fight time. This is anybody's fight.

Comment

• As of this morning, the poll over at the Boxrec forums is in favor of Donaire, by a count of 25-4.

Comment

Maybe that's what the average voter thinks it means. While the notion sounds nice, it has no practical value. These two would never fight that many times.

I predicted 60/40, 55/45 odds in favor of Donaire before this poll was even posted. As fight time draws near, the chances for both men are so nearly even that literally anything can happen. If the bookmakers continue to offer 3-1 odds, it should tempt quite a few gamblers to place a bet on Rigo. My guess is that the odds will shrink to 2-1 by fight time. This is anybody's fight.
              Yeah I know, Rigondeaux has really impressed me and Donaire needs to box intelligently and take advantage of every slight opening to come forward to beat Rigondeaux. This fight wont be decided until the championship rounds and I give the slight edge to Donaire because he is the more proven commodity.

Comment

As of this morning, the poll over at the Boxrec forums is in favor of Donaire, by a count of 25-4.
                the one here is 60 to 40%

Comment

• Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                  the one here is 60 to 40%
                  Yeah, I think 60/40 or 55/45 is about right. The slanted poll over at Boxrec is quite possibly because very few people have voted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                    Well of course Donaire is the favorite, that's pretty obvious. For hardcore fans this fight is already MEGA interesting and it hasn't even started yet Donaire is a very good counter puncher and his left hook iz amazing but Rigo is an excellent counter puncher and has decent power as well. And, what is more important he's just the better, more skilled boxer of the two. Anyway I hope this fight will live upto expectations.
                    Decent power?

Comment

• Getting very excited for this one as it draws nearer.

And my sig should tell the tale of who I'm picking, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X