Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez has NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perro View Post
    If Manny beats Ricky and JMM really wants Pacquiao, Juan needs to fight the winner of Bradley and Holt. If he can beat the winner of that fight, he'd pick up the WBC and WBO straps and can unify against Manny (Ring 140). A unification fight at Jr Welter and completion of the Trilogy should create enough demand for Manny to fight his old nemisis one more time.
    Agree it would spice up their 3rd match.100%

What if PBF returns Former p4p1 challenging the current P4P1- wouldnt that be more appealing to both hardcore and casual fans? wouldnt that make more sense moneywise and legacy wie for both?

What about Cotto? what if he wins another welterweight title, lets say against Mosley determining who the bet welterweight is, historically a former flyweight fighting for welterweight supremacy.(Cotto being lineal if he beats Mosley again). wouldnt that be more appealing?

Im not arguing Pac's chances in both fights i just think it makes more sense than a third fight with JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post

What if PBF returns Former p4p1 challenging the current P4P1- wouldnt that be more appealing to both hardcore and casual fans? wouldnt that make more sense moneywise and legacy wie for both?

What about Cotto? what if he wins another welterweight title, lets say against Mosley determining who the bet welterweight is, historically a former flyweight fighting for welterweight supremacy.(Cotto being lineal if he beats Mosley again). wouldnt that be more appealing?

Im not arguing Pac's chances in both fights i just think it makes more sense than a third fight with JMM.
      No ATM no fight is more appealing to me than the JMM vs Pacquiao trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post

Everything about Floyd right now is "what if". And if Pac lost to Floyd or Cotto, which is very possible, a fight would JMM would lose some luster. I think he should rematch JMM first at 140, finish that business and then make the jump up to fight Cotto.

Comment

Everything about Floyd right now is "what if". And if Pac lost to Floyd or Cotto, which is very possible, a fight would JMM would lose some luster. I think he should rematch JMM first at 140, finish that business and then make the jump up to fight Cotto.
          Miguel Cotto is WBO welterweight champion so "IF" i dont think he can but if he beats cotto a former flyweight becomes a beltholder in welterweight. JMM should look for a belt in his fourth division making him the first mexican to do so.

Comment

If Manny beats Ricky and JMM really wants Pacquiao, Juan needs to fight the winner of Bradley and Holt. If he can beat the winner of that fight, he'd pick up the WBC and WBO straps and can unify against Manny (Ring 140). A unification fight at Jr Welter and completion of the Trilogy should create enough demand for Manny to fight his old nemisis one more time.
            Disagree. Marquez doesnt have to do anything more to create any more demand for a trilogy fight with Pacquiao. All that is left is on Pacquiao's end. Should he beat Hatton then both Pacquiao and Marquez would be coming off the 2 biggest wins of their respective careers apart from each other. Marquez from Casamayor and Diaz. Pacquiao from Delahoya and Hatton. There would be far more demand for a match between the lineal lightweight champion and lineal junior welterweight champion seeing as they're also #1 and 2 p4p than Marquez vs Holt or Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
              Disagree. Marquez doesnt have to do anything more to create any more demand for a trilogy fight with Pacquiao. All that is left is on Pacquiao's end. Should he beat Hatton then both Pacquiao and Marquez would be coming off the 2 biggest wins of their respective careers apart from each other. Marquez from Casamayor and Diaz. Pacquiao from Delahoya and Hatton. There would be far more demand for a match between the lineal lightweight champion and lineal junior welterweight champion seeing as they're also #1 and 2 p4p than Marquez vs Holt or Bradley
              You got a good point there. It would be up to the promoters to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
              X