No announcement yet.

I told ya'll ggg is weak!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Is Ward a bum for also obtaining a close decision to Kovalev?

ho wait, I guess Kova is a bigger guy whne they are both same height and weight?
    What? Kovalev was a top 5 P4P fighter in the sport, Pascal x2, Hopkins, Cleverly, Chilemba, Campillo etc. his resume is up there.

Jacobs isn't even close to being a top 100 fighter in the sport let alone p4p, why are you comparing him to Kovalev?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      What? Kovalev was a top 5 P4P fighter in the sport, Pascal x2, Hopkins, Cleverly, Chilemba, Campillo etc. his resume is up there.

Jacobs isn't even close to being a top 100 fighter in the sport let alone p4p, why are you comparing him to Kovalev?
      lol, so now Campillo and Chilemba, Cleverly are nice wins while GGG has been fighting bums...

The same Hopkins who was **** fcked through the ropes by Sugar Ray Smith Jr?

Jacobs is ranked P4P 33th by boxrec, he's one the best american fighter and deservingly 160 number 2.

Not a bum middleweight like Quillin.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Yup - in those middle rounds going southpaw really took the jab away. Jacobs was having problems getting out of the way of it when fighting orthodox. To be honest it seems at this sort of level the only punch which consistently works for GGG is his jab, an exceptional fighter could take his jab away from him.

To be honest a guy like Hopkins would have chewed GGG up and spat him out.
        The element that was sorely missing from GGG tonight was the vicious body attack. When Jacobs started squaring up after the knock down, those were the perfect opportunities to throw a left hook to the liver or straights to the stomach or solar plexus. His lack of head-body combos was confusing; he didn't get creative enough with his offense and got really predictable. I usually complain about reckless "Terminator" GGG, but he went too far to the other end of the scale tonight. He was a bit too focused on pin-point accuracy and never seemed to get out of first gear. For the most part, Jacobs pacified him.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-19-2017, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

Lol at Ward's face, you should hide that avi.

I barely recognize him, dude looks like a strawberry.

Comment

lol, so now Campillo and Chilemba, Cleverly are nice wins while GGG has been fighting bums...

The same Hopkins who was **** fcked through the ropes by Sugar Ray Smith Jr?

Jacobs is ranked P4P 33th by boxrec, he's one the best american fighter and deservingly 160 number 2.

Not a bum middleweight like Quillin.

This is not up for debate, Kovalev was considered a top P4P fighter in the sport. DJ was a 7-1 underdog this fight for a reason. I really can't believe you're comparing DJ to Kovalev, he's not even a top 100 fighter in boxing, Kov is.

boxrec has Alvarez ranked 1 p4p in boxing, are you really going to use that as your source? Kovalev's resume is light years better as is SOG's.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              That is because he isn't as good as those other guys you mention. Like I said before - he found his level tonight. That is why he couldn't do anything about it, him and Jacobs are on a similar level.
              I thought it was pretty cringe worthy post fight when Golovkin said how he was ready for big fights and how he passed a test like Jacobs is a stepping stone.

If it's entertainment, respect, elite competition, he wants then there's no question he should rematch and maybe go into a trilogy with Jacobs. There's too much emphasis on Canelo and potential stars at lower weights. Jacobs is a star in my book tonight and there is a lot of unfinished business between the two. After tonight Jacobs clearly has more staying power at 160 than Canelo. I don't think Jacobs would have had a close fight with Cotto

Comment

Lol at Ward's face, you should hide that avi.

I barely recognize him, dude looks like a strawberry.
                Face of a champion, he's going down as an all time great, possibly TBE.

Comment

• Pitter patter punches shouldnt count, Glovkin was unloading so much more damage and energy into Jacob, he spat out a load of blood in between rounds was knocked down wobbled and yet he could have got more pitter patter fast numerous punches in and won the fight , that to me say boxing is a game of tag not a combat sport and the rules should change a bit imo

Even so Glovkin still won on points due to the knockdown defense offense skill etc

But boxing is making the gayest styles superior and they are not, they a re only superior under subjective rule sets

Change the rules a bit and a new way becomes superior and who decides the rules in the first place its all subjective so we should gear it towards action entertainment realism, and damage.

OR

MEASURE THE AVERAGE PUNCHING POWER BEFORE A FIGHT OF EACH FIGHTER ASSIGN A SCORE TO THE FORCE OF THE PUNCH THEN CALCULATE THE END SCORE BY PUNCHES LANDED AND THE FORCE OF THE PUNCH

Flicking you more times than you hurt me is not winning!

All punches are not created equal, some deserve a larger score
                  Last edited by AlexKid; 03-19-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                    I wouldnt say hype job. But very overrated.
                    Completely agree. GGG is no scrub, but his no beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      The element that was sorely missing from GGG tonight was the vicious body attack. When Jacobs started squaring up after the knock down, those were the perfect opportunities to throw a left hook to the liver or straights to the stomach or solar plexus. His lack of head-body combos was confusing; he didn't get creative enough with his offense and got really predictable. I usually complain about reckless "Terminator" GGG, but he went too far to the other end of the scale tonight. He was a bit too focused on pin-point accuracy and never seemed to get out of first gear. For the most part, Jacobs pacified him.
                      Again - what a lot of you guys seem to miss is when a fighter is being hurt by punches, not visibly wobble but hit hard enough that he is deterred from rushing in. When you are in the ring you can sometimes feel when a fighter can ring your bell if you expose yourself too much, to me that is what GGG was going through in there for the first time.

You have to also take into consideration that GGG had a significant hand speed disadvantage. When they were exchanging Jacobs was actually getting the better of it. GGG's advantage was his timing is better than Jacobs, that is where his success was coming, that and the jab, which was also about his timing. So naturally he was trying to pick his spots, he did try and force the fight at times but sometimes he would miss wildly or Jacobs would tie him up, and tonight was also the first time GGG fought someone who was strong enough to effectively tie him up.

There was a lot of things going on in there, the part I agree with you is the body attack. He head hunted a bit too much, but then again if you observe Jacobs when he had his guard up his elbows were covering nearly everything, there was not a lot of target. I also noticed that when GGG did throw some body work, Jacobs would start winging hooks to the head.

It was tough in there, not as easy it as it looks for sure. I like your term that Jacobs pacified him, thats exactly what happened. It was stylistically tough for both guys, Jacobs paid for his lapses in concentration. I thought it could have gone either way.

Comment

Working...
                      X