Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia on Guerrero: I Had it 8-4, Could Have Been 9-3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great fight. .. ghost always brings the fighter out his opponents... warrior

Comment

That's why I don't like boxing going to the judges. Nobody knows who really won because its up to interpretation
      Guerro did win in his own way just not according to judges

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
        Danny is in big trouble, every other fighter in WW looking at him like an easy target. He didn't have it easy on Saturday and it will only get harder.
        I think Khan and Lucas thought he'd be easy as well....looks can be VERY deceiving bro

Comment

I had it 7-5 Garcia. Good fight

Comment

The fight was fairly easy to score. A few swing rounds, but Garcia took over in the second half of the fight. Anything from 7-5 to 9-3 is acceptable.

Comment

Floyd could slide right in and get an easy UD over Garcia and it'd be hyped as another undefeated matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                I've been so confused by what he has become. He's basically known now as being the opposite of what he was beast at for the majority of his career below 147.

I think more than anything, it's probably the weight that has changed his style. He doesn't have the sharpness on his shots, or the light speed from the lower weight, so he's more stationary and has less stamina to move and box properly. Thus, he's gone from a great boxer to a walk forward, light punching slugger.
                I'd like to see him down at 140 against guys like Postol, Crawford, Matthysse and Broner. Maybe, just maybe, he'd regain some of the speed and snap he still had at 135.

147 clearly isn't working out, for all he has is Aydin and Berto as good wins. He couldn't do shit against Mayweather, Thurman, Martinez and Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  Just as I feared, he played to the exact opposite of his natural skills. I didn't see him throw one meaningful southpaw jab, and hardly any straight lefts.

He needs to put this "mean bad warrior" mentality on the backburner and embrace what he always was, a superb boxer – not a crude slugger.
                  I totally agree. I think his father and fans have ruined him. I've seen him box, and I know he can box, but now he's looking to please his father and casual fans with this warrior mentality. I keep saying, that style only wins for so long and you won't have longevity with it. I can't name one fighter that really lasted fighting like that. Not Mike Tyson, not Provonicov, not Margarito, Matysse or Rios and the list goes on. When up against a fighter with skill GGG doesn't even fight like that. This is boxing, and you can fight and go out on your shield and get the little respect fans give you for getting your but kicked, or you can box and fight to win and fought when you have to in order to maintain longevity and stay at the top

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    I think Khan and Lucas thought he'd be easy as well....looks can be VERY deceiving bro
                    I feel like Danny Garcia should be the eyeball test for boxing fans

Yes, he's flawed, yes he's looked bad in the past and might again in the future. Seriously, you could say this about a lot of fighters. But how is it that so many people miss everything else about him? Well-schooled with an extensive amateur background. Versatile. Strong chin and power. Good boxing IQ (underrated actually) and can bite down when the going gets tough.

Looking back, I realize now that Garcia can't be an eyeball test for fans because most look at him through blinders. Either he beat someone they thought would steamroll him or because he's affiliated with Haymon, who in their little minds is the "enemy." So they go on and on about Rod Salka and pretend Garcia hasn't fought a who's who of junior welters. That said, I think he earned a lot of new fans on Saturday night. I don't know if the move to welter turns out well but I bet his peers won't underestimate him like so many posters do.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBoxingFan23 View Post
                      I totally agree. I think his father and fans have ruined him. I've seen him box, and I know he can box, but now he's looking to please his father and casual fans with this warrior mentality. I keep saying, that style only wins for so long and you won't have longevity with it. I can't name one fighter that really lasted fighting like that. Not Mike Tyson, not Provonicov, not Margarito, Matysse or Rios and the list goes on. When up against a fighter with skill GGG doesn't even fight like that. This is boxing, and you can fight and go out on your shield and get the little respect fans give you for getting your but kicked, or you can box and fight to win and fought when you have to in order to maintain longevity and stay at the top
                      The guy in my avatar is another (brutal) example of that. :wah1:

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I feel like Danny Garcia should be the eyeball test for boxing fans

Yes, he's flawed, yes he's looked bad in the past and might again in the future. Seriously, you could say this about a lot of fighters. But how is it that so many people miss everything else about him? Well-schooled with an extensive amateur background. Versatile. Strong chin and power. Good boxing IQ (underrated actually) and can bite down when the going gets tough.

Looking back, I realize now that Garcia can't be an eyeball test for fans because most look at him through blinders. Either he beat someone they thought would steamroll him or because he's affiliated with Haymon, who in their little minds is the "enemy." So they go on and on about Rod Salka and pretend Garcia hasn't fought a who's who of junior welters. That said, I think he earned a lot of new fans on Saturday night. I don't know if the move to welter turns out well but I bet his peers won't underestimate him like so many posters do.
                      I still can't stand him, and likely never will, but it's undeniable that almost every time Garcia has stepped up (except in the case of Herrera and Salka), he's delivered. Very gutsy fighter who's more likeable without his dad... but brings more entertainment value when with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X