No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Outpoints Cotto, Claims Middleweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    Canelo impressed the hell out of me. I knew going into this fight his defense was going to be the key and it was.

Cotto will always be my favorite fighter, but it's time to usher in the new top dogs.

Canelo vs GGG!!!!! I'll be rooting for Canelo!
    Defense? If Cotto was the same size, he would've hurt him a bunch of times. And GGG is gonna SMOOOOOOKE Canelo's lazy, and no stamina having ass.

Comment

Canelo definitely showed improvement tonight, beating a legend like Cotto so widely. When he pull countered Cotto's jab with an uppercut and then slipped his left hook, I knew Cotto was in for a long night. Him being grossly bigger didn't help either.

I had it 117-111 Canelo. I wanted Cotto to pull it out, but Canelo looked like a tank compared to Cotto, and his skills were too on point. That was an uphill battle he couldn't win unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
        Cotto lost 8-4. He lost CLEARLY. His punches weren't doing damage, and his jab was missing the target. The right man won. Cotto is still a puto that won't give post fight interviews because the diva don't like losing.
        He didn't give a post fight interview? I had to leave just as they announced the winner for the delivery man.

Comment

Scorecards were a little closer, i had it 8:4 and thats still a clear UD for Canelo.

Cotto doesnt seem to have any power left, he kept moving around the ring all the time and kept throwing some powderpuffs.

Time to retire Diva!

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            Fight was 7-5 Canelo but because of the score card you won see a rematch now..
            I had it 7-5 for Canelo too

Comment

Originally posted by Fat View Post
              That was a good fight. Actually, much better than what I was expecting.

What surprised me the most was Alvarez's great defense, it has improved quite a lot.
              I don't think it improved that much from the Trout fight. He showed great defense even in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                very,very easy fight to score

8-4, 116-112 for canelo

as expected,cotto was landing nothing but jabs all night,while canelo was landing with power
                Had it exactly the same. All cotto did was jab and move. When he did throw power shots they were sloppy and he never sat on them. Canelo had a decent jab, excellent tight guard, and threw some good shots. Clear victory.

Comment

Disgraceful scorecards and a black eye on the sport. I would not have a problem with Canelo winning, as I scored the fight a draw with too many of the rounds being very close, but it makes me sick when the result was determined before the opening bell. You know that it is going to be the same story every time Canelo steps in the ring; he will have to be thoroughly outboxed (good enough for a majority decision win) or knocked out.

Comment

the right man won. no robbery here. canelo/bradley coming next.

Comment

Also Cotto fans are now GGG fans

Comment

Working...
                      X