No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez overrated P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    Steroidgio Martinez beat a drunk drugged out Kelly Pavlik n then beat Paul Williams who obviously sucks-- and the internet sergiosexuals have declared him P4P KING???

can you imagine the epic ****storm that would befall floyd mayweather or manny pacquiao if they were fighting someone like Barker the Goat Farmer??
    your an idiot and pac is better? whos better then martinez everyone is scared to fight him and he said he will fight anyone nobody haves yet to challenge him. and look at how he dominates his opponents.thats why he is #2 he should be #1 but its all about the politics in boxing.

Comment

can you imagine the epic ****storm that would befall floyd mayweather or manny pacquiao if they were fighting someone like Barker the Goat Farmer??
      The difference is that Pacquiao and Floyd have the option to fight literally anyone they want. Martinez on the other hand is pretty much limited to Pirog and I don't think he's that much better than Barker. Everyone else is either occupied with other things or don't want Martinez. The other two top middleweights, Sturm and Gale, rejected the fight.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-12-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

yes a bit overrated......but he's rightfully ahead of jmm for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Injury View Post
          Sergio is a good fighter but his name blew up way too much after the Williams KO

Quintana beat Williams, and depending on who you ask, Sergio himself had already beaten Williams. Most recently he won (lost) to Lara

Williams being massively overrated resulted in Sergio being catapulted too quickly from the periphery to taking William's p4p spot - because Williams should have never had a p4p spot in the first place.

but on the other hand, should you drop sergio in the p4p ranks because williams turned out to be a hypejob? he's just kind of stayed there until someone obvious pushes him lower, and nobody has done that
          i agree.. paul has always been overrated.. and with his 2 good wins against williams and already souless pavlik. thats what happens.. Martinez wont reign for long.. he is overrated.. think the boxing public was just hurting for another star to focus on besides Floyd and Pac

Comment

Steroidgio Martinez beat a drunk drugged out Kelly Pavlik n then beat Paul Williams who obviously sucks-- and the internet sergiosexuals have declared him P4P KING???

Last time I checked, an opponent with a record 23-0 (14 kos) and a belt, was better than fighting a guy with a record of 29-2 (22 kos) and a belt. Martinez ruins careers....Bunema, Cintron, Williams, Pavlik........it now only remains how Dzinziruk will perform in his next bout to see if his career is over too or not.

Comment

Who the fuk cares? Its all subjective. As long as you got him in the top 6-7 its all good.

I have him at 3 right now, big whup, ring has him at 2, some fools think he's overrated so they prob have him around 6. There's no demying he's a virtuoso type badass that puts on exciting fights and knocks people the eff out (more than one can say for floyd).

If you legitimately rank him lower than 6-7 change sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Who the fuk cares? Its all subjective. As long as you got him in the top 6-7 its all good.

I have him at 3 right now, big whup, ring has him at 2, some fools think he's overrated so they prob have him around 6. There's no demying he's a virtuoso type badass that puts on exciting fights and knocks people the eff out (more than one can say for floyd).

If you legitimately rank him lower than 6-7 change sports.
                thats right give sergio credit

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  The difference is that Pacquiao and Floyd have the option to fight literally anyone they want. Martinez on the other hand is pretty much limited to Pirog and I don't think he's that much better than Barker. Everyone else is either occupied with other things or don't want Martinez. The other two top middleweights, Sturm and Gale, rejected the fight.

Pirog is not that much better than Darren Barker? Gtfo. Edit that.

Comment

Thoughts on this 15 or so months later?

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and he is a very good fighter, but has he done enough to be placed at number 2 pound for pound by The Ring?

Good win over a Pavlik who was on his way down, fantastic one punch KO of Williams. Nothing else outstanding I don't think. Not trying to troll or be a hater, I'd be grateful if someone could explain to me why he's rated so highly.

Thanks
                      Takes a look at the combined record of his last 6 opponents and compare dat to any otha boxer in da world. Der is no one in da entire sport that has beaten betta opposition, hands down.

Comment

Working...
                      X