Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone ever get a bigger slice of the pie when fighting Delahoya?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone ever get a bigger slice of the pie when fighting Delahoya?

Any of his opponents ever get a bigger slice than him?

Was tito the only one to get a similar share of the money as delahoya?

Maybe Chavez Sr in their first fight.

Comment

Oh yes very true!

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      Maybe Chavez Sr in their first fight.

Comment

Maybe JCC sr?

But after that nobody

Comment

Some fights fell through because of that.

The Mayweather rematch fell through because Oscar was offering Floyd under 50-50[I think], and Floyd didn't want to accept cause he had beaten DLH already and thought he deserved more. And a Winky fight fell through because Winky didn't want to accept a guaranteed $6Mill+PPV incentives.

But DLH was the cash cow for all of his fights, so fighters had no choice but to bend down to him. Remember this guy came in with a decorated Olympic background, heartbreaking story of his mother, and was already popular with the women. So he was always like the A-Side of his fights.

Comment

Yes that might have been the case for the first fight.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Maybe JCC sr?

But after that nobody

Comment

I did hear about the winky deal a few days back, i believe it was decent money what was offered to winky.

I heard also that pacman took 35 and mayweather received 40 but I am not positive with those numbers.

I wonder how much quartey took, vargas, and mosley on both fights..

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Some fights fell through because of that.

The Mayweather rematch fell through because Oscar was offering Floyd under 50-50[I think], and Floyd didn't want to accept cause he had beaten DLH already and thought he deserved more. And a Winky fight fell through because Winky didn't want to accept a guaranteed $6Mill+PPV incentives.

But DLH was the cash cow for all of his fights, so fighters had no choice but to bend down to him. Remember this guy came in with a decorated Olympic background, heartbreaking story of his mother, and was already popular with the women. So he was always like the A-Side of his fights.

Comment

Trinidad and Mosely also wanted bigger shares and they didn't fight Delahoya again (Mosley for a third time).

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
                  I did hear about the winky deal a few days back, i believe it was decent money what was offered to winky.

I heard also that pacman took 35 and mayweather received 40 but I am not positive with those numbers.

I wonder how much quartey took, vargas, and mosley on both fights..
                  The mayweather split was 70-30. Pacquaio made 35 percent. I remember this from their negotiation in 2008 when de la hoya said that he offered him five percent more than he gave mayweather to fight him a year prior to that.

Comment

That is the definition of cash cow king!

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    The mayweather split was 70-30. Pacquaio made 35 percent. I remember this from their negotiation in 2008 when de la hoya said that he offered him five percent more than he gave mayweather to fight him a year prior to that.

Comment

Working...
                    X