Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reviewing GTA5 like 5 years after it came out...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviewing GTA5 like 5 years after it came out...

I had not got around to this game as life gets in the way. One of my buddies bought it over years ago but I didn't want to play until I had a copy.

Anyway I have recently done a Gta 3 - San andreas run and saw this on sale for $25 for the HD xbox one version so grabbed it.

Well I was not dissapointed, after GTA4 which had its moments but was a bit dissapointing, this one gets it bang on.

The graphics still look good today, and the story is packed full of greatness. Clowning around doing random stuff is fun and in the sub mission I saw a whale and was mind blown.

As far as downsides, the game does feel a little small, I know the map is bigger than San andreas but it doesn't feel so. I get the impression that Rockstar saw how much money they were making from gta online and scrapped planned DLC, just a hunch.

No San fierro, no Las venturas? These could have been DLC expansions for SURE.

Only other complaint, I would have liked more "hood" missions as Franklin. You do a couple and then he's hanging out with old guys and leaves the hood, I would have liked a few more missions there for some variety with his character, he has the ghetto, Michael the fancy area and Trevor the hillbilly area.

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    No San fierro, no Las venturas? These could have been DLC expansions for SURE.
    They were too busy selling shark cards for over 1B.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      They were too busy selling shark cards for over 1B.
      For real.

PS2 era had GTA 3, vice city and San Andreas

Ps3 era had GTA4, GAY Tony, lost and the damned and GTA5

Ps4 era had GTA5 with slightly better graphics and....

Online multi-player with micro transactions is ruining AAA gaming

Comment

Working...
      X