Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do these Eastern European/Russian fighters seem to hit so hard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do these Eastern European/Russian fighters seem to hit so hard?

These new wave of fighters seem to have devastating power and are tough as nails. Why is this? is it genetics? upbringing? the environment? post and discuss

what the **** did I miss?

Comment

No idea but you're right. Kovalev, Beterbiev, GGG, Klitschko, Lebedev, Provodnikov the list goes on and on......

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        These new wave of fighters seem to have devastating power and are tough as nails. Why is this? is it genetics? upbringing? the environment? post and discuss
        It's a combination of what you mention. Slavic people are generally strong, even if they don't have the apparent Pascal physique.

Comment

traces of radiation

Comment

Chernobyl happened. Infected the water.

Comment

Not only that they all seem to have all the fundamentals down packed as well

Comment

I know it seems weird, but there was a time when lots of guys hit hard, Julian Jackson, McClellan, etc. That era faded away for a bit and defensive fighting became all the rage. Now strong athletic fighters who can hit hard are making a comeback, enjoy it

Comment

It does seem kind of strange. Maybe they're just getting more fighters onto the world scene than they used to have.

I doubt very much there's a way to train your chin to tolerate punches and some of these guys seem to have ridiculous chins. Probably it goes hand in hand with strong genetics and hardy physical constitutions. Being mentally tough is a big factor too.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    I know it seems weird, but there was a time when lots of guys hit hard, Julian Jackson, McClellan, etc. That era faded away for a bit and defensive fighting became all the rage. Now strong athletic fighters who can hit hard are making a comeback, enjoy it
                    Agreed.

Too many guys taking the defensive approach now a days than realizing they too could be killers just like their opponent.

Guys like Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis, Julian Jackson, Hagler, Toney, Morrison, etc. So many guys were aggressive back in the day. Now everyone likes to fight off the back foot.

Comment

Working...
                    X