Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best of their generation: MAB, JMM, or Morales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the best of their generation: MAB, JMM, or Morales?

How would you rank the 3 Mexican greats?

For me;

Morales
    Barrera
    Marquez

Comment

Barrera Morralas then Jmm!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        For me;

Morales
        Barrera
        Marquez
        How could I disagree with Dan?

Exactly the order I'd put them in.

Comment

best in terms best skilled was morales but the fact that he got caught for PEDs should affect his atg ranking, same with marquez - consensus amongst boxing fans seems to be he is taking PEDs - even HBO's own max kellerman suggested this

however, even though barrera was past his best, i actually thought marquez clearly beat barrera although some disagree

ill give it a longer think...

Comment

My personal favourite may always be Morales, even with the PED scandal late in his career but the fact that he had an Indian summer in his 30s, almost beating Maidana (imo he won that fight) and Garcia (imo the first fight was a draw), just goes to show you how skilled he was...and fan friendly.

But if I'm being objective, how can anyone argue against Barrera, yes there was controversy but he beat Morales twice, had a better resume, apart from Morales' win over a young, very dangerous Pacman.

JMM in all honesty, is some way off the other two, his great nights have come against one guy, much like Norton in the 70s. JMM has lost almost every time he has taken a step up, including twice to Pacquiao.

Barrera
            Morales

JMM

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              My personal favourite may always be Morales, even with the PED scandal late in his career but the fact that he had an Indian summer in his 30s, almost beating Maidana (imo he won that fight) and Garcia (imo the first fight was a draw), just goes to show you how skilled he was...and fan friendly.

But if I'm being objective, how can anyone argue against Barrera, yes there was controversy but he beat Morales twice, had a better resume, apart from Morales' win over a young, very dangerous Pacman.

JMM in all honesty, is some way off the other two, his great nights have come against one guy, much like Norton in the 70s. JMM has lost almost every time he has taken a step up, including twice to Pacquiao.

Barrera
              Morales

JMM
              I think Morales clearly has the best resume of the 3.

Comment

Barrera's resume is very top heavy in my opinion, and even in that department Morales' resume is better.

Looking at overall quality throughout their resume's, Morales' also takes it.

Comment

Barrera is easily my favourite of the 3 but gotta agree with Dan:

Morales
                  Barrera
                  Marquez

All extremely close but I think Morales just has the edge in resume.

Comment

When I was watching them in their primes Morales struck me as the more dominant fighter.

But Barrera did beat him head to head a couple of times when both were still close to peak (I thought he deserved the win in their first fight too,) and he also showed the ability to change his style from a brawler to more of a boxer which speaks well of him.

I always flip flop between those two.

Marquez got to Barrera when he was on the downside and he does have the KO win over Pacquiao but aside from that his resume does appear weaker. Still he might have had the prettiest style and combinations out of all of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X