Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s resume is outstanding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    ...and exactly how much money we talking about from floyd "money"...

now, when winky turned down an oscar fight, that was a dumb move
    We are talking more money than he's ever made. And he walked away from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      i see it...how i see it...it just doesn't jibe with your agenda
      You see it, like a butthurt fan. No, it doesn't jibe with the truth.

My agenda is to get you to be honest, stop lying and to show some integrity. So no, it doesn't.

Comment

• [QUOTE=IronDanHamza;18218580]I don't think you understand what "walk away" means.

To walk away from an offer, you reject it and leave discussions.

If the reason for walking away is legit, I take that into consideration.

Floyd didn't walk away from the Pacquaio negotations, Pacquaio did. And he walked away from a very reasonable offer.

Pacquaio offered a 20 day cutoff, which I thought was reasonable considering Floyd's speculation of pac juicing, which was never confirmed...Floyd wanted 14 days...it was a mexican standoff imo....both guys walked away...and pac still came back months later and said ok to 14 days what happened to that?

Floyd didn't walk away from Winky Wright negotiations, Winky did. And he walked away from a very reasonable offer. That's for arguments sake assuming that Gary Shaw is telling the truth. He STILL walked away from a career high pay day. Knew he wouldn't accept? It was more than he'd ever made!! What part of that is your brain not comprehending? How can you possibly argue offering a career pay day is pricing yourself out? Literally completely backwards logic.

That's more of a matter of principle. Floyd was calling out Winky. Moving up to seek a challenge against a bigger name guy at the time. 50-50 was fair. Floyd tried to change the terms to 55-45 at the last minute? gtfoh. Has janky written all over it.

Another example of a fighter walking away from a career high pay day is Mayweather walking away from Margarito. He turned down a career pay day. Who's at fault? Floyd obviously. He did that to pursue more money down the road but regardless of that fact the fact remains that he walked away from the deal.

...and it was a fair, square deal that floyd clearly ain't want....

The risk was as high as the reward i guess?

You see? Consistency. Get a dictionary and look it up.

Only consistency I see, is in Floyd's janky negotiation tactics.
        Last edited by djtmal; 11-17-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          You see it, like a butthurt fan. No, it doesn't jibe with the truth.

My agenda is to get you to be honest, stop lying and to show some integrity. So no, it doesn't.
          i see it...how i see it...it just doesn't jibe with your bogus agenda

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            We are talking more money than he's ever made. And he walked away from it.
            give me some numbers dan

Comment

Well that doesn't make sense.

In both scenario's it was the other side that walked away from reasonable offers.
              Well, if a guy keeps changing the rules how serious is he? Bottom line is things were agreed and Floyd changed it. You don't see that?

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;18218729]
                Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I don't think you understand what "walk away" means.

To walk away from an offer, you reject it and leave discussions.

If the reason for walking away is legit, I take that into consideration.

Floyd didn't walk away from the Pacquaio negotations, Pacquaio did. And he walked away from a very reasonable offer.

Pacquaio offered a 20 day cutoff, which I thought was reasonable considering Floyd's speculation of pac juicing, which was never confirmed...Floyd wanted 14 days...it was a mexican standoff imo....both guys walked away...and pac still came back months later and said ok to 14 days what happened to that?

Floyd didn't walk away from Winky Wright negotiations, Winky did. And he walked away from a very reasonable offer. That's for arguments sake assuming that Gary Shaw is telling the truth. He STILL walked away from a career high pay day. Knew he wouldn't accept? It was more than he'd ever made!! What part of that is your brain not comprehending? How can you possibly argue offering a career pay day is pricing yourself out? Literally completely backwards logic.

Floyd was calling out Winky. Moving up to seek a challenge against a bigger name guy at the time. 50-50 was fair. Floyd tried to change the terms to 55-45 at the last minute? gtfoh. Has janky written all over it.

Another example of a fighter walking away from a career high pay day is Mayweather walking away from Margarito. He turned down a career pay day. Who's at fault? Floyd obviously. He did that to pursue more money down the road but regardless of that fact the fact remains that he walked away from the deal.

...and it was a fair, square deal that floyd clearly ain't want....

The risk was as high as the reward i guess?

You see? Consistency. Get a dictionary and look it up.

Only consistency I see, is in Floyd's janky negotiation tactics.
                You have been on this site for years how have you not learned how to use the quotation function properly?

Comment

Pricing yourself out by offering a career high pay day???

That would be a first
                  Is it confirmed it was career high? He got $5m for Trinidad. What was the offer that was offered then changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Well, if a guy keeps changing the rules how serious is he? Bottom line is things were agreed and Floyd changed it. You don't see that?
                    So Gary Shaw says.

Even if so, again, offer was on the table and he walked from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Is it confirmed it was career high? He got $5m for Trinidad. What was the offer that was offered then changed?
                      Don't recall the offer but I know it wss career highs for both. Don't know the figure.

Comment

Working...
                      X