Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Thought The Fight Would Be Much More Entertaining

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny was way too passive in the first half of the fight! This was not SRL vs. Hagler at all!

Comment

I will preface by saying that I believe Canelo deserved the win, but as far as fight excitement, at what point does canelo take accountability as well?? In almost all of his big fights, the level of excitement has underwhelmed and he's a common denominator. This fight was boring, his first fight with ggg wasn't exciting either, his fight with Cotto wasn't great, the Chavez Jr fight was horrible, his fight with Lara sucked (Yes I know Lara can have boring fights but he's also been in 2 fight of the yr quality fights as well). Canelo is too content to sit back and conserve energy and doesn't have the mentality to step on the gas unless he's dealing with a limited opponent such as a fielding, Smith, khan, Kirkland etc.

Comment

DJ used up all of his aggression at that FAF scrum

Comment

Canelo: I Thought The Fight Would Be Much More Entertaining

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          (...) Same can be said about GGG 1&2. Danny Nelo & G are all elite. They aren't gonna produce a blockbuster against each other. In my eyes they all too close to the same level to produce anything crazy. (...)
          ... The same can be said about Canelo vs Trout, FMJr, Lara, Cotto...

... well, therefore, Canelo's fights aren't really entertaining...

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            I love the sweet science, but I have to say this fight was strangely subdued and uneventful. It was not memorable at all, and Canelo did not seem at his best or perhaps it seemed that way because Jacobs was not coming to him like GGG. Does Canelo beat Andrade and Charlo? Probably. Does he beat Smith at super middle? Likely. I don't know if he beats Kovalev if he seriously wants to fight at light heavyweight.
            He won't beat Kovalev. It will look like Errol vs Mikey all over again. The power difference is huge. Kovalev will walk Canelo down

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
              This was a pretty forgettable fight. Not one I'd ever go back and watch. Same can be said about GGG 1&2. Danny Nelo & G are all elite. They aren't gonna produce a blockbuster against each other. In my eyes they all too close to the same level to produce anything crazy. Between Danny ggg and Canelo there's been 4 fights and only 1 kd the widest legitimate scorecard has been 114-112
              There's been no blood besides a small cut to canelos eye. And no one was ever on the verge of being k.oedxx. That should tell u all u need to know about these 3. They're the big 3 of 160.

Move up fellas!!! Let Andrade & charlo have 160
              Just 3 elite fighters with no second gear.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
                He won't beat Kovalev. It will look like Errol vs Mikey all over again. The power difference is huge. Kovalev will walk Canelo down
                ... man, cool down...

Canelo doesn't have any business even vs the "true" super middleweights, tbh...

Comment

No excuses but that knee brace has me wondering too.... I still think Canelo did enough to win convincingly... and really surprised me with the bending and head movement... reminded me of Chavez Sr....Just on that.... styles make fights and DJ was not in it to win... he was in it to survive.... I believe should they fight again Canelo has the capability to make the necessary adjustments to win even more convincingly a 2nd time. I am however used to him not being aggressive enough to produce a ko.... also he does not possess the power for it either...

Comment

You & me both Canelo, you & me both.

That said I do find Canelo to be fun to watch these guys. I've always loved guys who've got high level elusiveness. Chris f#cking Byrd is maybe my all time favorite HW (granted he wasn't elusive enough vs Ike back in the day, but overall he was a bad mfer who overachieved at HW), so watching Canelo vs anyone is a fun watch for me.

Comment

Jacobs wasn’t aggressive and canelo did nothing to push the fight either both have equal blame same can be said for triple g 1/2 except canelo stood his ground more in fight 2 and broke the bum beater face

Comment

Working...
                      X