Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to Gary Shaw Promotions & Goossen Tutor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary Shaw hasn't been active since 2015. He co-promoted Cotto-Geale with RNS and Klitschko-Jennings with K2. The last card he was the lead promoter on was a January 2015 ESPN Friday Night Fights card.
    http://boxrec.com/person/413185?role=promoter

Goosen Tutor was renamed TGB Promotions and is currently a PBC promoter.
    http://boxrec.com/person/429244?role=promoter

Comment

Gary ain't did much of anything since that Roc Nation thing fell threw. I'm curious what happened to him to. He doesn't seem THAT old to just crawl into the woods & die. Maybe he just got tired of the business & all the bs or something idk.

Dan Goosen f#cking died & I think Ron Tutor was a silent partner so they just folded basically. The matchmaker for Goosen Tutor was Tom Brown & he runs TGB promotions now who does a lot of PBC events.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Big fights? Oh ok, such as who?
        haymon has a near monopoly on showtime championship boxing, plus a few network FOX & CBS shows each year.

haymon has more world champions than anyone, constantly moving his young guys up the rankings and getting them title shots.

have you seriously not noticed that a significant portion of big time US boxing is dominated by haymon fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Goosen Tutor was renamed TGB Promotions and is currently a PBC promoter.
          http://boxrec.com/person/429244?role=promoter
          No it wasn't. Dan Goosen f#cking died bro. Ron Tutor, his partner was just a money guy I believe.

Tom Brown who was a matchmaker for Goosen Tutor started his own promotion called TGB Promotions. Its not a new name thing. Its a whole new outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Gary ain't did much of anything since that Roc Nation thing fell threw. I'm curious what happened to him to. He doesn't seem THAT old to just crawl into the woods & die. Maybe he just got tired of the business & all the bs or something idk.

Dan Goosen f#cking died & I think Ron Tutor was a silent partner so they just folded basically. The matchmaker for Goosen Tutor was Tom Brown & he runs TGB promotions now who does a lot of PBC events.
            Last we heard from Gary Shaw was as an expert witness for Golden Boy against PBC in their failed lawsuit.
            http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/13...ce-boxing-news

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              No it wasn't. Dan Goosen f#cking died bro. Ron Tutor, his partner was just a money guy I believe.

Tom Brown who was a matchmaker for Goosen Tutor started his own promotion called TGB Promotions. Its not a new name thing. Its a whole new outfit.
              Not according to this article.
              http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...928-story.html

The card is promoted by the renamed brand of Goossen’s promotional company, TGB Promotions, a reference to “Ten Goose Boxing,” that began as a family business in the San Fernando Valley.

Comment

Last we heard from Gary Shaw was as an expert witness for Golden Boy against PBC in their failed lawsuit.
                http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/13...ce-boxing-news
                LOL, but yea I actually do recall that now that you bring it up. I wonder what he's doing doing doe.

I guess they can call it whatever they want, but to me if two guys who formed a promotion die + get out of the business that promotion is done.

The only connection at all is the fact Tom Brown used to be the matchmaker for Goosen Tutor + I think he was the bro in law to Dan/married to Dan's sister or something like that iirc. So I guess in that respect its a family business.

To me its a whole new entity doe since Dan isn't the lead guy & as far as I know Ron Tutor isn't involved either. It'd be like Carl King starting his own promotion after Don King dies & saying Carl King Promotions is a rebranding of Don King Promotions. Uh nah not really.

Garry Jonas of Acquinity Sports Promotions changing his promotional name to Iron Mike Promotions when he brought in Mike Tyson is what I'd call a rebranding since Jonas was still involved & only brought in a new partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                  Rabii promoter's name is Gary Hyde, not Gary Shaw.
                  lol of course, my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                    haymon has a near monopoly on showtime championship boxing, plus a few network FOX & CBS shows each year.

haymon has more world champions than anyone, constantly moving his young guys up the rankings and getting them title shots.

have you seriously not noticed that a significant portion of big time US boxing is dominated by haymon fighters?
                    I asked you a simple question. Can you answer it?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      I asked you a simple question. Can you answer it?
                      you asked me a stupid question. i choose not to answer it because it would be very time consuming to type all of the world championship fights featuring al haymon fighters on Showtime, CBS, FOX, Spike, Bounce and Spike that have occurred over the last two years.

if you've been living under a rock, don't expect me to lift it.

Comment

Working...
                      X