Collapse
No announcement yet.

''If We Look At Marciano's record, he Fought a Bunch of DUCKS!'' - Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marciano is a legend of the sport but if you really keep it real floyds 49 is much more impressive and a better resume. Marciano fought alot of bums.

Comment

'beat more world champions than any other fighter in history'

Jog on Floyd. Titlists? Maybe. Not World Champions.

Floyd talking about boxing history is horrible. But he is greater than Marciano who as a HW didnt have the luxury of moving around weights to get away from a weak era.
      Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-10-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

being crowned the greatest to ever did it is suppose to be a title given to you by the fans, the media, etc. imagine how big his ego would be if the public actually would show him more respect lol.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          175 years old to be exact....
          according to sinatra

Comment

marciano did not fight a bunch of floyds.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
              Marciano is a legend of the sport but if you really keep it real floyds 49 is much more impressive and a better resume. Marciano fought alot of bums.
              Marciano didn't have the best opposition. One of the reasons he was so popular was his crude slugging style. He just kept throwing punches until the other guy was beat down. His nose was split wide open by Ezzard Charles and the fight was probably going to be stopped. Rocky knocked him out two rounds later. That's the kind of stuff that builds legends. I can't imagine him beating Joe Louis when Joe was in his prime. Stranger things have happened but it's highly unlikely. No he wasn't he best heavyweight but one of the most relentless for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                marciano fought a bunch of former light heavyweights and a 105 year old joe lewis.

Comment

Marciano fought in an era where there was only 1 champion per division. Mayweather fought in an era where there could be as many as 5 champions per division. If Marciano, Robinson, or any of those old all time greats had those many belts available in their day they would easily have more champions on their record than Mayweather, especially Robinson. Mayweather is an all time great fighter no doubt and I would rate him higher than Marciano if I had to make a list, but his "I've defeated more champions than them" argument doesn't really matter considering that.

Comment

I never got the whole 49-0 "record", Surely JCC smashed it, wasn't he like 87-0 at one point?

Yeah he eventually lost but he still almost doubled their undefeated streak, it's just they happened to retire before eventually losing.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
                      Marciano fought in an era where there was only 1 champion per division. Mayweather fought in an era where there could be as many as 5 champions per division. If Marciano, Robinson, or any of those old all time greats had those many belts available in their day they would easily have more champions on their record than Mayweather, especially Robinson. Mayweather is an all time great fighter no doubt and I would rate him higher than Marciano if I had to make a list, but his "I've defeated more champions than them" argument doesn't really matter considering that.
                      End thread right here.

Comment

Working...
                      X