Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Keith Thurman a harder fight than Lucas Matthysse for Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Keith Thurman a harder fight than Lucas Matthysse for Danny Garcia?

Yes Thurman is a bigger guy than Matthysse and a better boxer but I don't think he has anywhere near the fear factor Lucas had at the time and he has also contrastingly shown weakness. I personally believe DSG will win as he always finds a way and imo performs best on the backfoot where he can counter an oncoming opponent. What do you guys make of this fight and is it Garcia's toughest fight to date?

thurman is twice the fighter matthyse was. would alexander, judah, postol beat him? Hell no

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
      Yes Thurman is a bigger guy than Matthysse and a better boxer but I don't think he has anywhere near the fear factor Lucas had at the time and he has also contrastingly shown weakness. I personally believe DSG will win as he always finds a way and imo performs best on the backfoot where he can counter an oncoming opponent. What do you guys make of this fight and is it Garcia's toughest fight to date?
      True but Who's to say he can fight on the back foot successfully against Thurman? even he himself said he might have to walk Thurman down earlier today.
      Last edited by Caught Square; 11-14-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Thurman vs Porter was a close fight. And that was the closest fight Keith was ever been in. So any game plan that is Thurman-related should be based on that fight.

Comment

I think Keith is more of a complete fighter than Matthysse, difference is Keith was hurt to the body 2 or 3 times recently and had to box and move more than Matthysse going into the Garcia fight, I don't recall seeing Matthysse either getting hurt or having to move in any of his fights leading to the Garcia fight, but even though he was outboxed before by past prime Judah and Alexander, people believed Danny doesn't have enough skills and movement to outbox or deal with Matthysse's style and power, but he proved them wrong, this time Garcia is going up against the most complete fighter that he has ever faced who's stronger and probably punches harder than Matthysse, so on paper yes this is Garcia's toughest test to date imo.

Comment

Thurman will be a tough fighter but Matthysse will have been a more gruelling fight for Garcia. I don't think Garica wins this but I feel Matthysse will have been a tougher man to face power wise, Thurman will hurt Danny but he won't bust him up or stop him.

Stylistically I feel Thruman is a more difficult fight than Matthysse.

I would love for Danny to win this but I don't think he will, Thurman has as much skill as Khan and fights with fluidity as the Pakistani does, he won't be caught as Khan was and I don't see Garcia stopping him. Keith isnt foolish enough to get into a fire fight with a puncher, he's more to his game than people like to credit him.

Comment

Absolutely, Matthysse probably hits just as hard if not harder than Thurman but the problem is he's so small and not a real pressure fighter so it allows Danny to clinch him and beat him to the punch since he has shorter reach as well!

Garcia won't be able to do that with Thurman who is bigger,stronger,moves better, and has a better jab that Matthysse!

Lucas just had that aura, KO power,precise punching, good body puncher, and an amazing motor!

Still I give Danny a helluva shot, he's a really good and underrated body puncher, and if Thurman comes in thinking he can come forward against Garcia cuz he's the bigger man then he'll be in for a rude awakening!

Comment

This is a unification bout and the judges know what's at stake. This ain't going to be a Herrera or Peterson bout. Thurman is very heavy handed, and the contact will be apparent even when Garcia guards up. What makes Thurman dangerous for Garcia is both hands are heavy on quick combos. I will bet Garcia is going to respect Thurman's power. I can see if they slug, for when Garcia hail marys the hook Thurman will absorb it well and fireback even quicker than many will expect.

Thurman hits hella harder than Matthysse any day. Different class. If Molina could drop Lucas with overhand hailmakers its an easy canvas flooring for Thurman. Imo Diego Chaves is hella slicker than Matthysse. We all saw what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  Thurman vs Porter was a close fight. And that was the closest fight Keith was ever been in. So any game plan that is Thurman-related should be based on that fight.
                  Not necessarily; there are different points that can be picked up, but to base your whole gameplan off of one fight is silly.

Chaves, Guerrero, Collazo, Porter, Bundu (to see what can be done to negate things) are the fights that should be picked at.

Exactly how Peterson, Herrera, and Matthysse are the fights to peep against Danny.

Comment

Thurman is the hardest fight of Garcias career and he will lose

Comment

Working...
                    X