No announcement yet.

Martin Murray the people's champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Murray the people's champ

Let's at least give him the title: The people's champ.

He deserved to win at least one major fight. The only clear loss was against Golovkin.

The people's champ.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

He deserved to win at least one major fight. The only clear loss was against Golovkin.

The people's champ.

Agreed, I'd say he only has two losses on the record and that's G and AA by a narrow points decision.

MM lost himself that fight with AA, needed to show that workrate that he did against Sturm to beat someone like AA.

Comment

More like "The Nearly Man" or "The Glorious Failure"

He beat Martinez but I had him losing to both Sturm and Abraham.

Comment

The word title and Murray should not be used together in a sentence.

You could call him TBM- The British Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

The people's champ.

well he beat Martinez in my eyes but he clearly lost to Abraham. Don't get me wrong, the fight was close but Murray lost it. And he culd have won it if he hadn't given Abraham so much respect. He looked good when he was coming forward getting AA on the back foot. He just didn't do it often enough.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            The word title and Murray should not be used together in a sentence.

You could call him TBM- The British Matthysse.
            Hahaha that's pretty good.

Comment

Nah.

He did get robbed against crippled Sergio, but he lost to both Sturm and AA.

Can only blame himself for the AA loss, he backed off constantly, allowed a one dimensional fighter do the one thing he can do and held after multiple warnings.

Comment

No way did he lose to Sturm, literally outworked Sturm nearly the whole fight landing more and overall pressing the action If that's a loss I guess Canelo lost at the weekend too.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Nah.

He did get robbed against crippled Sergio, but he lost to both Sturm and AA.

Can only blame himself for the AA loss, he backed off constantly, allowed a one dimensional fighter do the one thing he can do and held after multiple warnings.
                  He fought the same super duper slow pace that Abraham sets, literally played into his hands he showed glimpses that he could beat him but not enough following up from then on.

Combo up on the punches press AA on the backfoot and he'd have likely won this fight but he only did it here and there, I thought Murray might have been onto KOing him when he landed that right hand.

Comment

Real top level fighters toyed with Abraham years ago and gave the blueprint to beating him.

Murray wasn't good enough to implement it. Him and Abraham are as bang average as each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X