No announcement yet.

Alien adventure/tactical horror type game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Alien adventure/tactical horror type game

I want to play some adventure game, where you travel to another planet, are all alone, and it's survival from then on. But it has to have a good, strong atmosphere (bleak & unforgiving, with little to no humour). You have to really be able to feel as though you want to survive. Basically, a genuinely scary alien survival-horror game that's far more tactical instead of just 'shoot-everything-that-moves'. I'm just so bored of the usual shoot 'em ups that require virtually no thinking to complete. Does it exist? If you have any suggestions, please post them. Thank you.

I'm aware of games like Alien vs Predator & Metro 2033, but they're not really what I'm after. They're just typical boring shoot 'em ups.

Posting on my "when I get banned alt" cuz you put me on ignore on my other account,

but this sounds exactly like what you're looking for. Sequel's being made for next gen too.

Comment

I put you on ignore because you put me on ignore.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's too action-oriented.

Comment

I'm guessing you already played Dead Space 1 and 2?

Otherwise, wait for 2015 when SOMA comes out. An exclusive for PS4 and PC, it is Sci-Fi Horror, in development by Frictional Games, the devs of Amnesia. It looks like it can be an ATG game. Frictional Games have been making PC horror games since 2006 but are now working on this game for the PS4 and PC.

Comment

Thanks Kev, those are good suggestions. I'll check them out.

Comment

Psht Mass Effect baby. You travel to other galaxies, **** off alien broads, save the universe. yeah that's the $h!t right thurrr!!

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
              I put you on ignore because you put me on ignore.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's too action-oriented.
              Your loss.. but when I read your post, everything you said made me think about this game.

It's a Barren, unforgiving and deadly, yet strangely beautiful world that somehow draws you in and it has an air of mystery about it that makes you want to see and discover more as you go.

I wouldn't describe it as action oriented, everything about the combat is slow paced, responsive, strategic and tactical. It's a game that feels impossible at first, but once you begin to master it, every creature and obstacle you see will feel like a dance with death.
              Last edited by KEY LOW; 12-17-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

mass effect
                dead space
                star wars lego

Comment

Working...
                X