Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much difference does a passionate home crowd make?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much difference does a passionate home crowd make?

obviously the trigger for this is the brook v spence thread but more a general discussion, not a thread about that fight.

Obviously when one fighter is so superior to the other, its not really a factor e.g burns v indongo.

But how much do you think a passionate homecrowd makes a difference in a fight, between fighters of a similar level?

In football (or 'soccer') it makes a huge difference playing at home in front of your fans. Do you think it plays the same role in boxing?

And in what way does it exert its effect? Does it spur on the home fighter more, in terms of encouraging them. Or can it be too intimidating for a fighter, or demoralising when their shots get no response but the place erupts when the home fighter lands a shot?

Do you think this is responsible for hometown decisions- judges being swayed by the crowds reaction? Rather than the accusations of the judges being in the promoters pockets.

none....the better prepared fighter will win regardless

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      none....the better prepared fighter will win regardless
      You don't actually believe this do you?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Why shouldn't he??

They won't be in the ring with Brook.

Brook is going to let you down vato

Comment

It's always a positive when you have people in the crowd backing you up. Not sure if it determines a winner but i'm sure it gives you a level of comfort. I bet guys want to be at home moreso than on the road

Comment

yes i do..as an athlete you are taught to block out everything and trust in your training..thats why the most dedicated and disciplined fighters excel

Comment

yes i do..as an athlete you are taught to block out everything and trust in your training..thats why the most dedicated and disciplined fighters excel
              You need to look at both sides of the coin not just from Spence's point of view, mah dood.

Comment

You need to look at both sides of the coin not just from Spence's point of view, mah dood.
                Follow your own advice amigo.

Why you mofos always root against the American fighters???

If you don't like us...you know exactly where you can go.

Comment

I definitely think it can make a difference. How much of a difference or if it can even reach a point to alter the outcome of the fight depends on the actual fighter.

Some guys may react more positively for guys screaming for them or against them. Some guys may react more negatively for guys screaming for them or against them.

Motivation is weird like that. Some cats need the love, some cats love the hate. Some cats don't give a f#ck either way.

Comment

Even the best fighters can get taken aback by a moment doe wouldn't you agree?

I mean the more focused a athlete is the less likely anything can f#ck with them, but its unreasonable to suggest a human doesn't have some breaking point with something like this. And for sure there are guys with higher or lower breaking points that can still be elite level fighters.

I'd look no further than many top guys who fought Tyson when he was scary as f#ck. Michael Spinks is nothing if not a elite level boxer who'd been in with & beaten the likes of Larry Holmes twice. But dude did not show up for his fight with Tyson.

It can happen to the best fighters man.

Comment

Working...
                    X