No announcement yet.

has GGG made a mistake picking brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
    a confident fighter is a dangerous fighter. Also i dont think enough has been made about ggg fighting brook in england. That makes a big big difference fighting someone in their own country, crowd will be behind brook. Hearn may organise a crooked ref too, certainly will have crooked judges so ggg has to put brook away before the 12 and cant risk getting wobbled or the ref will call it off in a flash.

weight classes

Two of them!

Comment

GGG is the logical pick so im not saying the bookies are wrong, but brooks going to give him a lot of problems
      Brook isn't dude. You have ample evidence and the fact HBO is trying to keep him undefeated before the Canelo fight.

hes not had brook at gunpoint and told him he has to fight him, brooks moved up himself and is risking his '0' to fight golovkin cause he believes he can beat him. theres no need for him to take the fight if he doesnt think he can compete at middleweight
      He isn't risking his "0", he is giving it away for the big money and doesn't have to give up his title.

It would be far better for the sport if GGG/Canelo was next in Sept. and Brook was fighting either Garcia or Vargas in a unification or defending his ww title against Bradley or Khan. These are all 50/50 or 60/40 fights that move the ww division forward.

Comment

GGG is gonna hurt brook really bad if that's what he proposes to. but i think he will take his time, make it interesting for the fans in england. he knows this fight is a complete mismatch. he is in no trouble here, at all

Comment

Well Brook wasn't picked but a last min. replacement, but I do feel this a mismatch & more a money fight than a meaningful one..
          But what I am livid with is why K2 isn't going above & beyond to make the one last unification happen.. They are happy to wait BJS out without negotiating with him for a future fight..
          We all know GGG isn't a big draw, but why can't he take a cut & pay BJS out of his share?? & when BJS gets in the ring then whoop him to the woods..

Comment

its is a mismatch and clear cherry pick. what i like is a cherry pick gone wrong like Pacquaio vs Oscar.

Comment

the more i hear about brook the more i feel this is going to be a tough night for GGG after picking a 36-0 opponent. All the noise coming out of the brook camp is that he is having a great camp and brook appears to be supremely confident.Hes got a university sports science team behind him, is in absolutely tremendous shape, outweighing GGG and hes also got hometown advantage. This is a high risk low reward fight, if GGG wins he wont get credit cause people will say hes beat a welter, and if he struggles or loses people will say hes exposed, dont think people realise how hard an opponent this is...
              g string ball gagger trying to make another g string mismatch sound like a competitive fight.

Comment

it is a high risk fight, dont know why people are makin brook out to be some bum. 36-0, beat showtime porter in USA, if he copes with the weight well (which hes got a university helping him with) then why wouldnt this be a great fight?
                High risk fight? GTFOH!

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                  its is a mismatch and clear cherry pick. what i like is a cherry pick gone wrong like Pacquaio vs Oscar.

i don't thnk that was a "cherry pick." oscar had just gotten his face broken by steve forbes. he was all done, and they were planning a sort of farewell tour. IIRC they wanted hatton after pacquiao, but the wheels fell off when pacquaio beat oscar up.

IIRC oscar was a 3-1 favorite. pacquiao was the best p4p fighter on the planet at that time.

oscar being 3-1 is strong, but certainly not 10 or 20 to 1, the way golovkin will be against brook.

Comment

I already told you guys what i think.

Brook is smart, but i also think Golovkin is.
                    THat said, this is a tougher fight than fighting Eubanks or Jacobs.

Comment

No mistake. Brook is one of the best welterweights in the world, but as big as he is for the welterweight division, and regardless of how much he weighed in on the 30 day weigh in, he'll be a small middleweight pn fight night. If GGG is the best middleweight, he should be able to beat Brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X