No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor Rematch: is OBSESSED with Nate Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
    I think Conor might be more prepared now that he has more time to study Diaz.
    Idk that he needs to study much. He was clobbering Diaz virtually at will til he slowed down & started getting tagged. I think he just needs to pace himself better & improve his cardio.

Nate is notoriously happy to stand up all night (despite being a BJJ ninja, he's been down with a Gracie brother since he was a teenager) & catch punches with his forehead & lose a decision. So he's a tough mfer who's not likely to be stopped. Only one guy has KO'd Diaz.

I think Conor's offense is of the ability to stop Nate if he paces himself better, but by no means do I think its something he should expect or not think could bite him in the ass again if he tires himself out just later in the fight this time. So basically if I was on Conor's team for this fight I'd have him go against character & just point fight Nate to a decision. If Conor does that I think this will be a super easy fight to win that'll get the same people saying Conor ain't **** last month saying Nate isn't really **** in July cuz of how easy it could work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Idk that he needs to study much. He was clobbering Diaz virtually at will til he slowed down & started getting tagged. I think he just needs to pace himself better & improve his cardio.

Nate is notoriously happy to stand up all night (despite being a BJJ ninja, he's been down with a Gracie brother since he was a teenager) & catch punches with his forehead & lose a decision. So he's a tough mfer who's not likely to be stopped. Only one guy has KO'd Diaz.

I think Conor's offense is of the ability to stop Nate if he paces himself better, but by no means do I think its something he should expect or not think could bite him in the ass again if he tires himself out just later in the fight this time. So basically if I was on Conor's team for this fight I'd have him go against character & just point fight Nate to a decision. If Conor does that I think this will be a super easy fight to win that'll get the same people saying Conor ain't **** last month saying Nate isn't really **** in July cuz of how easy it could work out.
      That's kind of what I meant; Conor did too much headhunting and Nate has a good chin so that worked against him. I think Conor should have went for the legs, in which he did it for a little while and then just stopped. I don't know why, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
        That's kind of what I meant; Conor did too much headhunting and Nate has a good chin so that worked against him. I think Conor should have went for the legs, in which he did it for a little while and then just stopped. I don't know why, though.
        Conor has no idea how to leg kick. None.

And Johnson tried to leg kick Diaz too and Diaz adjusted well.

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
          Conor has no idea how to leg kick. None.

And Johnson tried to leg kick Diaz too and Diaz adjusted well.
          I'm not sure what that video is suppose to show. He looked like he was just finishing his work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            So you think you build up your cardio from scratch after every layoff? LOL okay.

Anyone can see Conor hasn't been many rounds & Nate has. Conor's been in 1 fight that went more than 10 minutes in his 8 year career. Nate vs Conor lasted 9 minutes. This fight was only the 4th time Conor has fought 9 minutes.

Nate's been in 11 fights (5 that earned him post fight bonuses) that have gone 15+ minutes in his 12 year career & he has the most post fight bonuses in UFC history which suggests a high octane pedal to the medal in the trenches fighting style that requires superior cardio + he trains for f#cking marathons in his spare time...for fun. Its obvious Nate's got a bigger gas tank & that his cardio just doesn't **** the bed or go to zero cuz he's in Mexico having a couple drinks. Cmon man.

Granted its fun to act like thats the case I'm sure, but I'm a fan of dealing in reality & I saw Conor winning the first round relatively one sided & most of the second round in similar fashion & Nate looking like a victim in a low budget horror movie before Nate started landing some more meaningful shots as Conor slowed & gassed.

Maybe Conor wins the rematch, maybe Conor loses the rematch, but idk how one can suggest cardio didn't factor into the first fight.
            Totally agree here. Diaz is a guy that stays in great shape all the time. A lot of fighters do little other sport and only focus on camps. But Diaz does triathlons and doesn't bloat out or build un-necessary muscle. He didn't say he wasn't in shape either. Being a rangey boxer bjj guy he was all wrong for Conor with the ringsmarts of taking the first round off then ramping up in the circumstances - very clever.

Conor needs to quit the movement time wasting and spar some 8 rounders. Yup, he says he can go all day...well he did gas and that's a huge red flag.

Boxers do 15 rounders, ensuring every round in a fight feels easier and sharp.

Conors confidence, gas and plan came to a thudding halt on realising his opponent wasn't being hurt and he in himself was fading.

Comment

I hope Diaz slaps Conor with his other hand this time.

Comment

Yeah, or his schlong. Now THAT would be a Stockton Slap.

Comment

Working...
                X