No announcement yet.

Hoya is holding a press conference tommorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    I know floyds not, and I know mares has been put on the bench supposedly until he signs with haymon, which hasn't happened, hence why he isn't fighting.

It's pretty much unknown which of haymons fighters are actually signed with GBP, I bet its a lot because as I said before, haymon and Richard have been planning this for awhile.
    And that may be the main sticking point with ODLH -- 75%+/- of the fighters under the GBP banner, may not be obligated to GBP at all, but to Haymon.

Meaning if Shaeffer walks, then all of them walk ...... once advised to do so by Haymon.

Which is probably the root-motivation behind the statement from ODLH, that he doesn't have any problems with Haymon.

Comment

AddiX was correct and on-point with the statement:

"This is going to get very ugly, Oscar is trying to build some public support before it does."

ODLH should have tried to deal with this totally behind the scenes. Now, since he took the public route, its going to be a freakin mess and I'm willing to bet that Shaeffer|Haymon will be in a pristine position for the coup d'état.

Couple that with the fact that ODLH has been in and out of rehab -- Doesn't bode well for Oscar, because that "inconsistency due to excessive drug use" becomes a legal ticking time-bomb and talking point.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
        AddiX was correct and on-point with the statement:

"This is going to get very ugly, Oscar is trying to build some public support before it does."

ODLH should have tried to deal with this totally behind the scenes. Now, since he took the public route, its going to be a freakin mess and I'm willing to bet that Shaeffer|Haymon will be in a pristine position for the coup d'état.

Couple that with the fact that ODLH has been in and out of rehab -- Doesn't bode well for Oscar, because that "inconsistency due to excessive drug use" becomes a legal ticking time-bomb and talking point.
        Trying to marginalize guys in the media isn't a good look, and he should have taken his issues to Schafer 1st. I'm sure Gomez is intertwined in this somehow as well.

Comment

Working...
        X