Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Sapp bigger than Pokemon! K-1 ratings bonanza in japan!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Sapp bigger than Pokemon! K-1 ratings bonanza in japan!

from www.adcombat.com

The K-1 Grand Prix finals have traditionally drawn very high ratings in Japan but this year, it was off the charts. Video Research (Japanese version of the Neilsen Ratings) reported that the 12/7/02 K-1 show did an unheard of 35.0 rating. This blows away the enormous company record of 20.7 set back for the 1997 Grand Prix. K-1 has traditionally done high ratings with all their events but this one has clearly set a milestone that will take a miracle to break.

Many will attribute this once again to the popularity of Bob Sapp who has been transformed by the Japanese media into a character more popular than Pokemon!

There was a hint by certain factions of the Japanese press that Bob Sapp's injury may have been 'faked' to avoid a matchup with Jerome Le Banner in the finals. Sapp defeated Hoost to advance to the finals but was unable to continue due to the hand. Hoost stepped back in and won, making him the first ever four-time champion.

Sapp is still on tap for Antonio Inoki's 'Bom-Ba-Ye' show for New Year's Eve, so look for another HUGE ratings bonanza. Inoki has his official U.S. website up and running (along with his new school in L.A.) at www.inokidojo.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:shock: good for Sapp i new from the second i saw him he was omthing new, im happy for him...but Jerome would ko his ass :twisted:

Comment

Sapp is doing fine and the way he is on move with his victories in
      K-1....

every fighter dreams about that.

Comment

I would love to see someone KO him...

Comment

Go pikachu!

GO BOB SAPP! ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X