Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO My Mexican Homies: What's Your Favorite Authentic Mexican Dish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I definitely want to be able to add tamales to my list of stuff that I cook exceptionally well.

What about you, Cuauh? Are you known to get down in the kitchen from time to time, or does running the gym and training your fighters take up too much of your time?
    I can't boil water, I don't step in the kitchen unless it's to grab a drink. My wife cooks, but she is Trini so it's curry chicken and roti for me.

My sisters cooked when I was coming up and my mother of course. I never enjoyed cooking at all. I have a deal with my old lady, she cooks, I clean.

Plus you are right, my day is taken from 7 am to about 9 pm.

Comment

Comment

I hate eating in Taco Bell

I prefer going thru the Drive Thru

War Beef Chalupas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post

Se me antojo

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post

what on earth is that stuff in the first picture? looks like a brontosaurus leg...

it looks like meat, but damn... that's a big cut of meat. NE would clog them arteries. that stuff looks legit. i bet they have to cook that for a full day.

Comment

I have to say that contrary to many in here, mole, while good, gives the food too much of a dessert feel for my taste. I'm all about that salsa verde.

Incidentally as TS do I get to be an honorary Mexican now?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                what on earth is that stuff in the first picture? looks like a brontosaurus leg...

it looks like meat, but damn... that's a big cut of meat. NE would clog them arteries. that stuff looks legit. i bet they have to cook that for a full day.
                Tacos al pastor.

Basically it's pork, stacked in the way you see it and then slow cooked with different types of chiles and spices. On the top they usually put an onion and pineapple to let the juices drip down onto the meat.

It's fukin delicious is what it is.

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                I have to say that contrary to many in here, mole, while good, gives the food too much of a dessert feel for my taste. I'm all about that salsa verde.

Incidentally as TS do I get to be an honorary Mexican now?
                Depends on the type of mole. See, most people think of mole as one thing, there's mole verde, rojo, poblano..etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Depends on the type of mole. See, most people think of mole as one thing, there's mole verde, rojo, poblano..etc.
                  I meant mole poblano of course.

Comment

favorite all around food. Tostadas de Ceviche

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post

Carne a la tampequina

This here looks WOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X