Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Vitali Get More Credit for Losing to Lewis than Rahman Gets for Winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Vitali Get More Credit for Losing to Lewis than Rahman Gets for Winning?

Just Curious?

he doesn't
    it's just that people still talk about Lewis-Vitali since Vit is still relevant
    Rahman is long done and nobody cares, so it's not talked about
    beyond that, Vit fans use the "what if" thing about Lewis retiring
    Rahman got a rematch and got flatlined, making his win easier to forget

Comment

Rahman didn't have enough fans to matter and Vitali fans have managed to delude the rest of the world into believing his two losses are really wins and his resume is actually impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        Far from it.

"TKO 6" has become the Klitschko haters' reply to anyone who suggests Vitali is a great fighter. They love to bring up that fight and use the result to discredit him and annoy his fans.

However, Vitali did redeem himself to his fans by showing heart in that fight. I remember how disappointed I was when Vitali quit against Byrd. Even though he lost to Lewis on cuts, he showed courage and fought very well.
        I know...I just woke up in a funny mood this morning.

Comment

Well I don't think he gets more credit for it, but maybe it's due to the fact that he took the fight on two weeks notice...

Comment

HBO commentary doesn't help things. they talked about the fight like lennox was scared of a rematch (in reality he was retiring after a long ass career with huge earnings which he didn't spend foolishly.)

they also talked about the fight like vitali won...

tko6. protect your face from getting torn to shreds, vitali.

Comment

Rahman getting knocked into next week in the rematch plays a part, that made it clear what a focused Lewis would do to Rahman.

Vitali fought an old and out of shape Lewis and while he was slightly ahead, he got his face ripped apart and stopped. I don't give him anywhere near as much credit for that as others seem to.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                Well I don't think he gets more credit for it, but maybe it's due to the fact that he took the fight on two weeks notice...
                As HBO said before the fight, he had been training specifically for Lewis for over a year already when he got the call.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  Just Curious?
                  Because many think Rachman landed a lucky punch who was ko'd in the return fight. Vitali gave Lewis hell who wanted no rematch and Vitali has become a great champion while Rachman became a one night wonder. ( Do you get it now? )

Comment

Because Vitali didn't get spectacularly KTFO'd in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X