Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no way IMO that GGG would of beat Ward. Good thing he never took the fight or that 0 would of been gone for GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      There is no way IMO that GGG would of beat Ward. Good thing he never took the fight or that 0 would of been gone for GGG.

that would have been a horrible match-up for him, and EVERYONE with a clue knew it..... his team were smart, they didn't need to take that fight

it is their bullshht, and the stupidity of their fans, that get to me

it is about styles

truth be known I think that Golovkin could have success at 168 if they match him right, and if he is as good as they say..... I think he would have beaten Abraham, and would also likely beat Groves/Jack - although they would be good fights - but Degale/Dirrell and possibly Ramirez could be tough for him

the best path for him at 168 is to hope Jack beats Degale

Comment

• you have to give each fighter 3 definitive, clearly won rounds. So thats 3-3

the other 6 were close. The punches landed were close as well, so its a stretch to call it a robbery. I felt Kovalev did win and Ward did not win enough rounds. Better off being a draw than take the belts away from the champion.

Kovalev gassed out like an old man, but thats great body work by Ward.

If I was a referee I would also take points away from Ward for elbowing and excessive holding. Tired of the "thats strategy" excuse. Boxing is boxing. Its time we stop allowing this nonsense in our sport and leave that in MMA.

Comment

• I had it ward 118-111. Easy fight. Kov was doing the holding. great defense by ward and he landed the more meaningful punches

Comment

• Kovalev got the popular vote
            Ward won by electoral vote.BS

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              that would have been a horrible match-up for him, and EVERYONE with a clue knew it..... his team were smart, they didn't need to take that fight

it is their bullshht, and the stupidity of their fans, that get to me

it is about styles

truth be known I think that Golovkin could have success at 168 if they match him right, and if he is as good as they say..... I think he would have beaten Abraham, and would also likely beat Groves/Jack - although they would be good fights - but Degale/Dirrell and possibly Ramirez could be tough for him

the best path for him at 168 is to hope Jack beats Degale
              EVERYONE knows Ward would win. Wards style is TERRIBLE for GGG. That would be a Mayweather/Canelo mismatch. Ward just took some major hits from a 185-188 lber. U could CLEARLY see the size difference so I would give Ward a 99% chance of taking GGG's punches without getting KO'd. Sht Brook two weight classes smaller took GGG shots. But he went full RTard trying to out slug GGG. Ward wouldn't do that dumb sht. Ramirez and DeGale I would favor over GGG. I also see DeGale beating Jack.

But WE both know GGG isn't ever moving up in weight. He's 35 and too old to try new tricks. The most I see him doing is a CW at 164.

You think the GGG/Jacobs fight is going to happen??? I don't. I just don't see K2 paying Jacobs. It will go to a purse bid and K2 is going to offer only $5 million. Which is going to leave $1.25 million for Jacobs. Who will turn that down. And Al Harmon isn't going to give GGG 75%. He would have to bid at least $8-10 million to get Jacobs making $2 million. And No FKN way does he give K2 $6-8 MILLION dollars.

Without a better split like 1/3 that fight has ZERO chance of happening. And we ALL know how CHEAP K2 is. So they won't be budging on the 75/25 split. They'll just pay a bum $500K and GGG the rest like usual.

Comment

• There's no way it could've been scored a draw unless Kovalev had another kd or a point was deducted. I just felt it was ridiculous that no judge scored it for kovalev

Comment

• Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
                  Kovalev got the popular vote
                  Ward won by electoral vote.BS
                  Umm that was a pro Ward Crowd Einstein. I take it you couldn't afford to watch the fight? And your just now watching ESPN highlights.

Comment

• Fight could have gone either way, I had Ward up by 1 point but honestly it could have easily been the other way, there was just so many rounds that could have gone either way.

The HBO team were a joke in that fight, especially Lampley and Lederman, I thought they were incredibly biased and gave Ward little to no credit, especially between rounds 3 and 4 which were much closer than they made out - and there was a later round that Lederman gave Kovalev that left me stunned.

I remember later on in the fight Kovalev to his credit landed a couple body shots and Lampley was going mental, yet didn't give the same reaction when Ward landed significant blows.

This is what you get when you get two top level fighters going against each other, there's loads of pick'em rounds and a massive debate on who won.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
                      There's no way it could've been scored a draw unless Kovalev had another kd or a point was deducted. I just felt it was ridiculous that no judge scored it for kovalev
                      Ridiculous in what way?

I find it hilarious when people complain that a fight isn't scored a split decision... it was a close fight that could have gone either way, loads of 50/50 rounds, I don't get how its questionable that three judges scored a very close fight the same way, it wasn't like there was a 117-110 scorecard in there. How can it be deemed controversial because none of the judges disagreed with each other?

Comment

Working...
                      X