Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Ready: Vows To Chop Down Vasyl Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    ?????????

He'll make weight but eat an entire goat afterwards and will be 165 lbs on fight night.

Comment

Man November is gonna be poppin!!! Walters-Loma and Ward-Kovalev are ****ing amazing match ups between elite fighters.

As for the topic, I see this as a 50/50 fight. Walters is no joke and is a huge step up in class for Loma, who, let's be honest has been fighting c level fighters since his debut against Salido.

It's still amazing to watch what Loma's been doing to opponents but Walters is another level and won't be dazzled or intimidated by Loma's skill. He will throw and throw with mean intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        I think Walters looked unstoppable when he boiled down to 126 but at 130 he has lost a little shine in my eyes. Loma is top 5 lb/lb in my book and seems to be getting better with every fight. Until I see evidence that suggests otherwise I have to think Loma is still on the up and he wins by competitive decision here. A ko by either will be legacy enhancing.
        For me, this fight is best fight on paper this year, better than Ward Kov because I know both these fighters are on it and there are quite a few unknowns whereas Kov Ward is more a curiosity fight - can Ward elude Kov and take his power? - he wins. Can Kov catch up and land on Ward consistently? - he wins. Walters-Loma just has more intangibles.
        I respect your opinion but I disagree, Walter's power made him a beast at 126, he never seemed to technically sound. I think this is an easy Loma win. Now Ward Kovalev seems it's an easy W for Ward but I can't be too sure because of the Hopkins fight. I know Ward isn't 50 but Kovalev was so dam disciplined in that fight I worry about this one.

Comment

Kov Ward is more a curiosity fight
          Well that's the most bizarre statement I've read all day.
          I guess all of boxing is just "curious" about determining the P4P best fighter in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I guess all of boxing is just "curious" about determining the P4P best fighter in the sport.
            I'm very curious!

Comment

At the end of the night, Walters will wonder what on earth he faced in the ring with Loma. Loma just too good.

vs Salido Loma got the pacing wrong as he wasn't used to 12 round fights (lets ignore Salido's weight advantage and low blows for a second). He ended up with too much in the tank at the end (when he almost had Salido out on his feet). Salido paced himself perfectly in that fight - gave it all and nothing left at the end. Loma will never make that mistake again and now starts faster as he knows he can keep it up for 12.

Walters simply won't be able to land all night and will be caught with counters and offensive moves all night. I suspect Walters will look for a way out by the 9th or 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Yeah, it does sound bizarre if you take that short sentence out of context - what I was trying to communicate is that the Ward Kov fight has less unknowns than the Walters - Loma fight. For me at least

Comment

Yeah, it does sound bizarre if you take that short sentence out of context - what I was trying to communicate is that the Ward Kov fight has less unknowns than the Walters - Loma fight. For me at least
                  I can respect that. For me, there's a lot less weight behind it but I'm sure it will be a significant fight in the sense that both these guys are set to have a bright future and this will either be a launching pad or a huge bump in the road. I see it as being similar to Postol/Crawford in that sense.

Comment

Can't wait to aee my dude chop this guy down!!
                    Chop chop chopper style!

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                      Man November is gonna be poppin!!! Walters-Loma and Ward-Kovalev are ****ing amazing match ups between elite fighters.

As for the topic, I see this as a 50/50 fight. Walters is no joke and is a huge step up in class for Loma, who, let's be honest has been fighting c level fighters since his debut against Salido.

It's still amazing to watch what Loma's been doing to opponents but Walters is another level and won't be dazzled or intimidated by Loma's skill. He will throw and throw with mean intentions.
                      Agree on your 1st paragraph. Not sure how Gary Russell is a C level fighter. Martinez is probably a B level fighter? I'd say Loma has shown more than Walters at 130 and Walter's vaunted power is less evident at 130 than 126. I think Walter's power is on another level to what Loma has experienced but if Loma's chin is at even half the level of the rest of his abilities then he should be able to withstand Walter's punches which I doubt will land as cleanly against high level defenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X