Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Middleweight Title or WBA 'regular' World Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of the regular wba titles are held by brits...I bet it's quite a few

Comment

I think you can sometimes move to fast in this business when you are in a position like Eubank so fair play to him taking a shot at a national title over being throw in with one of the top guys in the division. He gots plenty of time to work on his game & give himself the best chance to reach his max potential. This seems less about belts & more about his long term plans & future in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I think you can sometimes move to fast in this business when you are in a position like Eubank so fair play to him taking a shot at a national title over being throw in with one of the top guys in the division. He gots plenty of time to work on his game & give himself the best chance to reach his max potential. This seems less about belts & more about his long term plans & future in the business.
        Agreed, he needs more development.

I'm of the opinion that Eubank Sr has massively screwed up his son's development. He gave up his son for adoption so that he could train as an amateur in Las Vegas for a few years, then took him all over the world for high-level sparring. Then as a pro they fought very poor opposition during the developmental stages of his career. The end result is somebody who's very gifted but who at times looks lost and makes lots of mistakes. If they had just went in the UK amateur system from the start and left him there, I think he'd be finished product by now.

Comment

Working...
        X