Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry. I just rewatched Wladimir vs Haye. Why all the blame on Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad was every bit as afraid of Haye as vice versa. He just had the benefit of being much, much bigger.

Comment

Haye talked a good fight coming in to the fight, he threw jack sizzle but when he tried to commit to his shots wlad would hold him

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
        Didn't Wlad promise to give Haye a "pizza face" and make him his 50th knockout win? I don't remember him living up to these promises.
        Haye promised to leave Wladimir "quivering on the canvass". I don't remember that happening, either. Not that it matters, because the purpose of pre-fight talk is mostly to promote the fight.

When a taller fighter uses his height advantage to win a fight (as he should) many fans end up disappointed (Lewis vs Tua, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
          Wlad was every bit as afraid of Haye as vice versa. He just had the benefit of being much, much bigger.
          3 or 4 inches bigger. Less than the height advantage Razor Ruddock, Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, and Carl Williams had over Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            why should wlad get critcized for doing what he normally does?did wlad win?haye was the 1 talking about he was a killer and he was gonna take heads off and he was gonna make the fight exciting not wlad
            There are very basic things a fighter can do to stop their opponent from running around the ring and making them miss like Wlad did for much of that fight, of which Wlad did none of them. Yes, Wlad won, but not impressively, and not in a way that made me think very highly of the win.

Haye was worse, but Wlad didn't fight great himself.

Comment

Wlad did what he had to do to win...... Haye didn't

Comment

Exactly! Neither man did enough for me in that fight! yes wlad won but he could have done more! same with haye

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  3 or 4 inches bigger. Less than the height advantage Razor Ruddock, Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, and Carl Williams had over Mike Tyson
                  Yes but in terms of density and weight the difference is huge. Height is only one factor, reaches another, style is another. Haye is not a true heavyweight like most of the guys above, he never properly filled into a heavyweight frame like Holyfield for example. Haye gets by because he is very quick and hits extremely hard, but he is not a stocky strong fighter, he is a lean back foot counter puncher.

Comment

It was a chess match. Neither fighter wanted to engage; although after Wlad's big right in round 5/6, Haye ran.

Comment

why would big Klit have to change his gameplan he skooled him easily lol

Comment

Working...
                      X