Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Mexico's Jamie Munguia Will Be Golovkin's Opponent May 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow this fight is way too early for this kid SMH it should have been Andrade!!! And this guy GGG is fighting a kid that fought at welterweight just 11 months ago!!!!!!! Wooooooowwww!! Put a vet in there this is dumb.
    Last edited by AdonisCreed; 04-05-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
      GGG feeling right at home with pulling opponents out of his bag of chit!!!
      Your avi says it all.
      Fuck GGG.

Comment

• This is a cherry pick fight. You pass on Andrade and Sergiy to fight a 21 year old who's never fought at middleweight. I understand the kid might have upside but he's never fought a top tier guy. Can't support GGG on this BS no matter how you spin it.

Comment

• this kid is gonna get killed.

Comment

• BUT...this fight may not get approved anyways. I dont see the NSAC approving it so we will see...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              I get that, so why not cancel and postpone? Why force it?
              Because Golovkin is 35 and they don't want him out of the ring almost a year. This is essentially a tuneup.

They're planning on facing Canelo in September, period. No way the head of the NSAC, who is a political appointee put in place by the governor, is going to suspend Canelo for a year and potentially cause all that revenue to either be lost or go somewhere else.

They're going to retroactively suspend him six months from the time of the failed test, which allows him to fight in Sept.

Meanwhile, Golovkin's already had a training camp and wants to fight, so they're fighting a cherry to stay busy but not put the Canelo fight in jeopardy.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                Wow this fight is way too early for this kid SMH it should have been Andrade!!! And this guy GGG is fighting a this kid that fought at welterweight just 11 months ago!!!!!!! Wooooooowwww!! Put a vet in there this is dumb.
                My point exactly. This kid just turned 21 yrs old this past October, fought at 147 only 11 months ago, new to 154 and now has to go to 160 and fight GGG on PPV? What in the #&!$

I wasn't excited about Spike O'Sullivan, but at least the guy is a 160 fighter. And is a veteran who has been in big fights against Billy Joe Saunders and Eubank Jr.

They should've just went with Spike and then focus on Canelo or Saunders for September.

Fighting this small kid is almost criminal if NSAC approves this.......SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  BUT...this fight may not get approved anyways. I dont see the NSAC approving it so we will see...

Man, I sure hope NSAC doesn't approve this fight. What a joke......SMH

Comment

• A 21 yr old who mainly campaigns at 154 and has even fought at welterweight not too long ago- what a joke!!! Time for GGG to take control of his career and insist on Andrade. GGG is going to be hurt by this mess. I don’t want to hear about Cinco de Mayo etc, that doesn’t matter when you’re someone like GGG.

Comment

• Lol

So Munguia is coming up in weight. LOL.... Well at least is not as bad when Brook jumped from 147 to 160 to fight GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X