No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao vs. Lucas Matthysse a Done Deal For July 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    Yes but until it happens i still think Bob holds sway over Manny.
    He doesnt get away that easy.
    When that happens, Crawford and Lomachenko should leave Top Rank too as soon as possible or Arum would do the same thing to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
      When that happens, Crawford and Lomachenko should leave Top Rank too as soon as possible or Arum would do the same thing to them.
      Yes i agree but Bob aint gonna let that happen just like hes not gonna let Manny fight Mathysse.

Comment

• Pac wins this, still way too fast for Matthysse

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          This is a more than decent fight for Pacquaio to ride off into the sunset with.

But will he? That's the question.
          It's definitely an amazing risk to end his career on. I'm not sure I want him to end his career getting taken apart and obliterated, though. I think that fight would be incredibly hard to watch for anyone who likes Manny Pacquiao. A couple years ago I would have loved it, but not now.

But that's just me. If he were to make it competitive or beat Crawford, damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Does anyone want to see that for any reason besides Pac getting slaughtered? I mean, if that's the reason then okay. It's certainly not a fight that needs to happen at this point, thoguh.
            Good to see you back.

Manny is the #2 WBO ww contender. He will be #1 after Crawford/Horn. If he retires after this fight, ok. If he doesn't, a fight against Crawford at 147 makes more sense than a fight at 140 with Loma.

IMO Crawford deserved the Manny fight instead of Horn. He was the higher ranked opponent (given WBO rules).

If he gets bludgeoned, which I expect, so be it. IMO Crawford earned the "push" he might have received from beating Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Good to see you back.

Manny is the #2 WBO ww contender. He will be #1 after Crawford/Horn. If he retires after this fight, ok. If he doesn't, a fight against Crawford at 147 makes more sense than a fight at 140 with Loma.

IMO Crawford deserved the Manny fight instead of Horn. He was the higher ranked opponent (given WBO rules).

If he gets bludgeoned, which I expect, so be it. IMO Crawford earned the "push" he might have received from beating Manny.
              its over now crawford gets no push whatsoever from beating an older pac. pac is a legend he can fight whoever he chooses to for his last fight. where you clamoring for froid to fight spence?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Good to see you back.

If we were talking this fight before Pac-Horn, then hell yeah, sign me up. Dude's just done, though. It would be a remarkable risk on his part and I don't doubt Pac would take it if pressed, but the intrigue of the fight is gone at this point, I think.

Old legends have surprised me before, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                  its over now crawford gets no push whatsoever from beating an older pac. pac is a legend he can fight whoever he chooses to for his last fight. where you clamoring for froid to fight spence?
                  Nope. That will likely go to Loma. Such a shame that instead of pushing someone who can resonate with a US audience and has a built in fanbase that has been shown to draw 10k fans. But I get it from a business perspective-push the non US fighter to help his ratings.

Who is froid? If you mean Floyd, I wanted him to fight GGG not Berto.

Wonder which banned regular this is?

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    Happy Lucas is getting a big name and big payday even if he is way past prime, he got robbed against judah and alexander and should of won a world title @140.

As for Pac, i was looking forward to watching his world tour to end his career but he is clearly fighting for money now, not legacy, he's going to end up broke very quickly when he retires and will probably get knocked out several more times before that happens, and this fight might be one of those. very sad.
                    Dumbest statement to date, considering he already is a political dynasty in his country, he aint going broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                      Dumbest statement to date, considering he already is a political dynasty in his country, he aint going broke.
                      Ironic, you are obviously not aware of how much tax pacman owes in the U.S, hence why he will never fight there again, and is fighting in obscure countries like Malaysia and Australia. His entourage is huge and he apparently spends money like no tommorow, most of the mayweather millions have gone already, hence why he is still fighting. ' but he a politician doe, he cant be broke' sick logic bud

Comment

Working...
                      X