Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Journeyman is Latest Boxing Film Set To Debut - Full Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Journeyman is Latest Boxing Film Set To Debut - Full Review

Part of the challenge enjoying boxing movies as a hardcore' fan is that filmmakers are historically prone to getting small but important details wrong. A venue which is unfeasibly glossy, title belts which almost but don't quite look like the real thing and gyms lined with too-fresh fight posters all provide a dead giveaway of a production team which doesn't quite understand the gritty fabric of the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

, this is juxtaposed through what follows with the painful, slow, silent aftermath of serious brain injury suffered by Considine’s character, Matty Burton.
    So like Million Dollar Baby...only more depressing

Comment

I was trying to watch that awhile back but its in f#cking French....w/o subtitles....or the version I tried to watch didn't have subtitles. Sounds like its an interesting story doe so I'm looking forward to finding a version w/subtitles.

Comment

I was looking forward to this. Paddy Considine is the man. Trailer makes it look less a boxing movie and more another struggle with disability movie. Might be good anyway but I don't how much of a boxing film it's going to be.

Comment

Wasn't it supposed to come out Feb of last year

Paddy is cool though it should be worth a watch

Comment

They reviewed this on Film2018 lastnight. They said its ok, not great. Boxing is the background character in this movie, so not a Creed or Southpaw kind of film.

Considine is a good actor though, so it's probably worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              They reviewed this on Film2018 lastnight. They said its ok, not great. Boxing is the background character in this movie, so not a Creed or Southpaw kind of film.

Considine is a good actor though, so it's probably worth a watch.

Comment

Is it better than Boyka II? That was a pretty good boxing movie I watched the other night. Hardcore as bros

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Haha 'dead man's shoes' great little film that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Can I help you mate
                    Sorry
                    What the f00k are you looking at?
                    You, ya kunt!

Comment

Working...
                    X