Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurs are missing their 3 best players and they sold one of them.

Always insisted Chelsea are a 3-4-3 team. Alonso has many faults but Chelsea aren’t a good enough team to leave him out as a wing back and none of our wingers maybe apart from Pulisic are good enough to keep him out of the team either.

I’m happy with Frank’s selection though. I think we’ve probably seen the last of Pedro, Batshuayi, and probably Willian (as a starter)

Those 3 simply can’t play again. Nothing against them but they’re all s.hit.

Comment

• 100% agree.

I like Bats but he's done. Pedro and Willian have to go, full stop. I'll throw up if Willian gets an extension.

Ziyech is a great replacement. If Sancho and Sane are impossible for Chelsea. Pick up Fraser on a free and that solves the depth at wing truthfully. Fraser is better than Willian and old-Pedro.

Frank still has a big learning curve though but at least there is shimmer of hope with him unlike with Sarri.

Comment

• Truth is Pedro and Willian take no replacing. It’s replacing 5 goals. That’s the bottom line.

Realistically Chelsea could replace that with Anjorin and probably some other kid I’ve not even heard of.

Alonso would score 5-8 league goals if he started every game. Sure he’ll make us concede a few but so does jog back Willian. Pedro tries hard but if he was a horse they’d shoot him in the t.its.

My one standard was neither of those two starting any game. Willian had the 5 game good run again which somehow fools everyone. I was thinking he was decent again.

But he’s a man who has averaged 5 goals a season in his Chelsea career or something daft. Pedro has averaged 8.

So truthfully, both haven’t been good enough and Chelsea kept them both for two seasons too long.

It’s difficult because Willian would raise his game for Bayern so the temptation must be strong to play him but I hope Frank isn’t that short termist. Chelsea are getting hammered. Don’t waste that experience on Willian. Let Mount see what it’s like to really come up against an elite team.

It’ll be motivating for him when he plays for a proper Chelsea team

Comment

• Chelsea got the Bratwurst right up the bum there

This is why I don’t get the fascination with sneaking into the CL like a b.itch.

You’re gonna get bummed by Bayern Munich

Comment

• Chelsea got the Bratwurst right up the bum there

This is why I don’t get the fascination with sneaking into the CL like a b.itch.

You’re gonna get bummed by Bayern Munich

Comment

• I remember when I played for the Tar Heels.

Comment

• Chelsea have been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

Clearly, clearly, clearly not Champions League material.

Played a great team that didnt play in 2nd gear against us and got fully exposed. Page 3 style.

Comment

• Chelsea are a few seasons of competing at that level.

We’ve had teams before. We know this one would get bummed by most Chelsea teams of pretty much the last 20 years.

I do think some senior pros got exposed through.

Rudiger and Jorginho for two.

I thought Mount was a our best player. I respect how he raises his level and doesn’t look out of his depth.

But yeah, why would we want to go in a competition we are not good enough for? Spurs and Arsenal have thought it was an achievement for years. It’s not. It masks real progress and papers over cracks. You target the league title, and if not you target cups.

Winning trophies makes teams proper teams and time on the training pitch.

Comment

• Chelsea looked like Spurs out there with that terrible midfield and passing.

Bayern do look pretty tasty though. Can see them winning it this year.

Comment

• City came from behind 2-1 up.

Comment

Working...
                      X