No announcement yet.

Does Spence remind you of GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    yeah both overhyped by beating b level fighters.

and just like ggg had the idiots racist whites here soaking their panties so is spence doing the same for larry.
    But Mikey will beat Spence right? you can't talk about being stupid.

Comment

Marvin Hagler

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        In a way yes. But a step up in opponents for Spence would truly tell us the difference, we shall see soon enough. If spence disperse someone like Crawford or Thurman then he would have handled the step up in the quality of opponents better than GGG has so far with his step up.
        Maybe im underestimating Thurman but i just didn't like his performances in the Porter and Garcia fight. I think Spence wins impressively. Crawford is the one i want to see because to me Crawford is a mystery. Idk if hes really that good or did he benefit from a very weak 140lb class, so that's fight that could prove something with both fighters to me.

Comment

Spence isn't scared to move up and fight the best. 97G was scared ****less of Andre Ward. "I small middleweight." "I want unify belts". Also Spence didn't magically age 10 ten years the first time he stepped up in competition.

Comment

Similar styles but Spence seems to be more athletic

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              They don't have the same style but you could how they apply a somewhat similar way of winning. Both apply constant pressure that eventually breaks down fighters. Both have good body work. Spence and GGG both get hit but still go forward and mentally drain a opponent. Spence also from the Brook and Peterson fight i noticed does not like being pushed back kinda like GGG and both do the best when going forward and applying the pressure.
              Yes. I've been meaning to post something along these lines. Patience, methodical and relentless pressure and a high workrate are a great strategy for someone with naturally heavy hands and a good engine. Like GGG, Spence isn't at great risk from incoming fire - he can take the odd shot coming back but he's unlikely to get caught with something he doesn't see coming because this relatively conservative strategy doesn't require him to overcommit to punches in order to get the eventual stoppage.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-23-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                But Mikey will beat Spence right? you can't talk about being stupid.
                yeah I can and youre stupid lmfao.

You agreed with me, with everything I said about mikey vs spence your just worded it different lmfao youre too stupid to even notice lmfao.

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                Mikey controls range better than Spence, Everyone who has spar both has said that their both the hardest punchers that they have ever faced, I have heard charlo say it about spence and I have hear david benevidez say it about mikey.

Now the only real question here is if Mikey can go to 147 body wise right now, I think he can he walks around pretty big too, spence does aswell. Interesting bout imo, spence of course will be the favorite but that doesnt means its a guarantee win for him. War MIKEY!

PS, PEDETERSON has no pop! none at all.
                Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                You are nuts man. Keep it real. Mikey couldn't even KD Broner who was KD twice by Maidana. No way he has the power to stop Spence from beating his ass.

Mikey is an excelent fighter, but he's a 135-140 lber at max.

Spence is a big 147er that will be a MW champion some day.

Skill wise it's a thing, but Spence wins this based on size.
                SEE, idiot, you say the same thing I did you just worded it different.

School system failed your dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Yes. I've been meaning to post something along these lines. Patience, methodical and relentless pressure and a high workrate are a great strategy for someone with naturally heavy hands and a good engine. Like GGG, Spence isn't at great risk from incoming fire - he can take the odd shot coming back but he's unlikely to get caught with something he doesn't see coming because this relatively conservative strategy doesn't require him to overcommit to punches in order to get the eventual stoppage.
                  yep, well said.

Comment

I don't think their styles are that similar TBH. Spence is a body puncher, who likes to fight in the pocket and uses just about every punch. Golovkin is typically a mid range head hunter, who likes to trap his opponents along the ropes. They are definitely both punch first fighters with excellent jabs but thats where comparisons end.

Comment

Yes .. I picked up on the similarity watching Spence vs Algeiri and I've mentioned it a few times since.

GGG has proved he has a plan B to fall back on when power and pressure don't get the job done .. an ATG level jab.

We'll have to wait and see if the same is true of Spence. If Brook hadn't gassed after 6 rounds rounds we would already have the answer to that question.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 01-23-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X