No announcement yet.

Errol Spence willing to fight Canelo Alvarez next at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
    Wouldn't be suprised if an offer was made by Oscar. Spence might kiss the ww division good bye if he jumps up to 160 though. He's got time. He should wait. Get the Thurman and Crawford fights first. He's not ready for a bigger and more experienced Canelo. Canelo knocks Thurman out. Its a huge jump too soon. He got lucky rolling the dice with Brook but he was getting schooled the first half of that fight as I predicted. Then he came back in the second half as I expected. But this would be too much IMO. They have weight classes for a reason as they say and he wouldn't be able to use his size to wear Canelo down in the 2nd half like he did with Brook. He wouldn't be able to walk through Canelo.
    Brook was bigger and stronger than Spence dummy.

Spence didn't use size to dominate Brook, he used his ridiculous stamina and punch output and a consistent body attack.

He also used a very stiff jab consistently, which eventually broke Brook's eye socket.

Comment

Boy got some stones on him

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        It will be a cold day in he ll before GB makes that fight.Its really a lose-lose deal for him.If he losses then he just got beat by a welter and if he wins he just beat a welter who people will say was never that good to begin with.
        Canelo fought Amir Khan at 155, who is a fighter not known for an iron chin. lol. If Canelo and GB were willing to match him with Khan, I don't see why they wouldn't with Spence. If anything, stylistically, Spence is more suited for Canelo than Khan. Khan's lateral movement and hand speed gave Canelo some problems in the first few rounds. Spence style is a straight attack to the body which gives Canelo plenty of counter opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
          Canelo fought Amir Khan at 155, who is a fighter not known for an iron chin. lol. If Canelo and GB were willing to match him with Khan, I don't see why they wouldn't with Spence. If anything, stylistically, Spence is more suited for Canelo than Khan. Khan's lateral movement and hand speed gave Canelo some problems in the first few rounds. Spence style is a straight attack to the body which gives Canelo plenty of counter opportunities.
          No Khan is nothing like Spence Khan would have to fought Canelo with a chin guard.Spence could win.Trust me on this its NEVER gonna happen.

Comment

canelo ducking spence

Comment

Who knows what Spence looks like 2 divisions up, but I like a lot of guys to be able to outwork & outbox Canelo so if Spence can look like he does at 147 at 160 (huge if there) I wouldn't hate his chances at all vs Canelo. Canelo is just too inactive in rounds. He's gotten the benefit of the doubt with judges, but it won't always go that way.

But the main deal is whats the upside with Canelo & Oscar with making this fight? Its lose lose for Canelo to fight a 147lber & if Oscar is going to make this fight he's gonna want a 3 year deal or some sh^t like that that I feel like Spence would never sign.

Thus this fight ain't f#cking happening & probably gots like a 3% chance of happening in 2018. If Spence keeps moving up & having success I suspect the earliest we could see this fight is May 2020.

Comment

If Spence wants to ruin his career for this payday he should take the fight.

Comment

What the he ll happened to some of the smart guys on here RJJGOAT,lOPEZBOXING,STUDENT OF THE GAME,McNULTY(I think I did see him)and the others who's names excape me at moment.This place is filled with fanboys/trolls

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
                    Imagine if Canelo hits Spence with the punch that knocked Khan out, it may not knock him out cold, but it will be damn well gonna wobble him to eternity.

Comment

They are two of my favorite boxers but Canelo is just too big for Spence. Pound for pound they are equally good but Canelo is 13 pounds bigger so he knocks Spence out in my opinion. Spence is a great body puncher but so is Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X