Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Buster Douglas Really Beat Mike Tyson??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he beat a tyson past
    his prime not trained by kevin
    rooney. douglas would have not
    beaten tyson in 1988 i guarantee you

tysons prime
    1985-1989 the kevin rooney years.

Comment

This article you use runs completely counter to your argument that Tyson was cheated. Read it again - "if there was ever a shred of doubt that Douglas was dazed...it was erased when douglas pounded the ring upon going down." The article is saying that Don King pulled this stuff because he wanted the money, and the long count is bull**** because Douglas was waiting until 9 to get up. He could've gotten up a lot earlier if he wanted. Also - how can you say Tyson was past his prime at this point?
      I'd give you that he had an off night, but passed his prime? This Tyson was still indestructible. Douglas was something like a 47-1 underdog and Tyson had never even been an a close fight before. He had trashed all previous opponents. Vegas is not stupid. They're not going to give 47-1 odds on a past his prime fighter. Douglas smoked a legitimate Tyson. Tyson had the physical tools, but he didn't have the mental game, didn't train hard, and never fought anyone who wasn't afraid of him, willing to stand in there, and box him.

Comment

If you watch the fight the refree is clearly behind the real count. The refree DID admit that Douglas was down for more than 10 seconds, period. Tyson boxed like a coward that night. He admitted to not training and partying when he was in Toyko. But the fact remains that although Douglas trained and out-boxed tyson for most of the match, tyson still managed to knock him out.

Comment

Jesus, would you guys get off Tyson's dick????

Tyson got knocked out in his prime (yes, that can happen!!!) and still, people come up with some bull**** excuse.

When Ali lost to Frazier or Norton, there wasn't an excuse, they simply boxed better than him that night, which is exactly what Douglas did to Tyson.

Comment

Douglas won the fight. Period. If Tyson felt it was a fluke, there should have been a rematch. Title or not, it's a matter of pride. Plenty of other heavyweight champions have lost their belts under some kind of smokescreen and I'm sure the same excuses have been made then too. But there was always a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
              Jesus, would you guys get off Tyson's dick????

Tyson got knocked out in his prime (yes, that can happen!!!) and still, people come up with some bull**** excuse.

When Ali lost to Frazier or Norton, there wasn't an excuse, they simply boxed better than him that night, which is exactly what Douglas did to Tyson.
              \

he wasnt in his prime in 1990
              when he loss to douglas. kevin
              rooney hadnt been training him in
              a while and he came in at his heaviest
              at that time. douglas would not have
              beat the same tyson that killed
              larry holmes a few years earlier.

Comment

I finally watched the fight, and if you focus on the screen when Douglas drops you can see one of the asian officials on the sidelines doing the count. When he was at 5 the ref was at 3. Douglas DID beat the **** out of Tyson that night, but if the ref would've done the count right Tyson would've won with a freak KO just like on Botha. I still count it as a loss, he took a beating for 10 rounds but the ref count pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Blitz
                  I finally watched the fight, and if you focus on the screen when Douglas drops you can see one of the asian officials on the sidelines doing the count. When he was at 5 the ref was at 3. Douglas DID beat the **** out of Tyson that night, but if the ref would've done the count right Tyson would've won with a freak KO just like on Botha. I still count it as a loss, he took a beating for 10 rounds but the ref count pisses me off.
                  Yeah but Douglas knew where he was and what he was doing, thats why he punched the mat cuz he knew he got overconfident in that round, you could see that from the beginning of the round when Buster wasn't sticking with the game plan and got knocked down. He could of got earlier but he waited til 9.
                  This is just like the infamous "Long Count Bout" with Dempsey/Tunney

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Blitz
                    the refree is also telling Douglas "c'mon, get up!" the refree was in douglas's favor that night. Tyson won no matter all the rounds he lost.

Comment

Ummm....Tyson got his **** kicked in that night, there is no way to cut it differently.

Buster whooped his ass. Tyson was bar far the superior fighter, and if they had fought a rematch, Tyson would have mopped the floor with him. Tyson did not train for the fight, spent the night before drinking and carousing, ****ing the Japanese girls in his words.
                      He did not take the fight seriously. Any fighter can be beaten, anyone and everyone has the ability to lose. Tyson was way overconfident, stopped training, and abandoned the very skills that got him the undisputed title: defense and punching ability, not power.

Comment

Working...
                      X