No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux: I beat you down and you don't touch me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kneeguel Cotto View Post
    Kovalev is more aggressive than rigo. That's the only difference. I think Rigo has a decent offense kovalev when he tries. Rigo obv has the better reflexes and defensive skills too.
    There we go. "Kovalev is more aggressive"- Is all that matters.

Fuck the defense and reflexes.

Also being backed by a name promoter helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
      He doesn't see what the problem is? The problem is that you have arrived to a consumer based society called the U.S.A. where it's all about Entertainment.

The Mexicans you were talking about, have a built in ethnic fanbase. They attract paying fans and make money based on ethnic and national pride, the style of fighting is just a bonus. Boxing is an open sport and Mexico turns their fighters professional at age 16 (i.e. Canelo) whereas Cuba's boxing is closed off and confined to the Olympics. And the Cubans in Florida aren't enough to put butts in the seats.

So since you don't have a solid ethnic fanbase (i.e. cuban pride) and there aren't enough hardcore fans who are slobbering your knob for all your talents ---you would have to sell out and fight differently to satisfy the paying American public who wants their fix of entertainment.

Right now out there somewhere, is a potential paying 'mainstream' boxing fan who has easy access to entertainment, whether it be in the form of internet ****, video games etc,. Your job is to convince him on whether he should watch your boring fight or order take out and watch some Netflix instead.

Rigo's style of Boxing would stink out the joint even in the Golden Years of Boxing in America, where it was a mainsteam sport and there were more fans of the sport itself.
      Got it! Sour Bhop fan. lol

Was watching Netflix all night.

Now that Kovalev destroyed Hopkins I might tune in and watch boxing every now and then.

Comment

Working...
      X