• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrie Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Ibeabuchi vs Tua.

HW compubox record number of punches thrown at 1,730 (presumably in 12 round fights?)

Great pick!

A lot of names already mentioned but I say Hatton had terrific stamina in his prime, he kept coming, round after round after round.

Tyson in the late 80s had some of the best stamina I've ever seen in a heavyweight, having said that, he did get a little disheartened when guys could take his punches but he never stopped throwing or using that crazy head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        Philip Holiday-Ivan Robinson
        Crazy conditioning!

Comment

2006 FOY Somsak Sithchatchawal v Mahyar Monshipour

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
            That was hard to watch.

yea man..it was one of those fights where you just silently drink your beer and feel every punch landing...Wayne was a personal favorite of mine growing up

Comment

tito trinidad !

Comment

Antonio Margarito in the fight against Clottey, he threw 1675 punches. It also wasn't a one sided fight where he was just letting his hands go and teeing off, he was taking a good deal of shots in return. Just absolutely incredible.

Comment

Shane (See Oscar vs Shane 1. )
                  Pac (he's a small dude so i guess its expected, but still. Impressive)
                  Floyd
                  Margarito
                  P.will (the only dude who is there with Marg that I could have seen in old school 15 rounders out of these 5)

Of the recent 154 guys they're all these same people...

160 - P Will and Sergio seem the standouts in terms of how they fight. Though chavez JR (legally or not..) and Rubio have that good conditioning that seems to define the mexican "style".

168 - Froch and Bika standout to me.

175 - adamek and bhop for me

Cruiser - Vassily Jirov from my recollection fought in an exhausting manner for his class coming forward.

HW? I dunno.... Maybe I have to go back to Evander to think of a dude who impressed me with conditioning but thats just off the top of my head. I could probably think of a more recent name but eh...

These are names I'm partial to and I dont really name under 140 as most these guys can fight for days...i also tried to keep it semi modern
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-13-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

at his best, Ouma could throw like crazy
                    Juan Diaz used to smoke dudes with sheer volume
                    Margarito was great at cranking up the workrate the longer it went
                    Calzaghe is a cunt, but he showed great stamina in his biggest fights

Comment

The all time best stamina belonged to Harry Greb, no doubt. End of discussion. Unfortunately there is no surviving film of his fights but after reading all three existing books of this incredible man, and numerous newspaper articles, there is no doubt. 37 fights in 1917, all wins. 45 fights in 1919, all wins, against worldclass opponents from middle to heavyweight (Greb was a 160 pounder who was ducked by light heavy champ Georges Carpentier, and Jack Dempsey).

After Greb I would think Henry Armstrong had the best stamina.
                      Battling Nelson were in good condition too. Carmen Basilio. Tony Zale.

In recent times; Baby Bull Diaz, Kassim Ouma, Paul Williams, Margacheto. McCullough The Pocket Rocket. Ivan Robinson.

Zack Padilla vs Sucra Ray Oliveira were incredible, over 3000 punches in 12 rounds, 200 in the last by Zack Attack. Oliveira vs Vince Phillips, Vince threw 237 punches in round 12, including over 1 minute of nonstop punching from both simultaneously. Look after those two fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X